Motorcycle parking in or near Penzance wanted

AustinW

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help out: We are going the Scilly Isles for a week with some friends at the end of July. The Scilly Isles Parking Co want £10 a day for indoor parking which I think is outrageous. So does anyone know or have somewhere reasonably secure that I can park my bike in for a week (weds-weds) in or close to Penzance. Modest fee or beers in return. Thank you.

Drink two pints less a day whilst you're on holiday and you'll come up even.
Or sell your expensive motorcycle and buy a CG125 that'll do 80mpg and save yourself a fortune, makes me laugh on here when people moan about a few quid here and there and then turn up on a £10,000+ motorcycle.
Is the Scilly Isles Parking Co offering you secure indoor parking? Will it give you peace of mind? If the answer to these questions is yes, then £10 a day's a good deal, if you don't need the peace of mind, stick it anywhere you like...what does it matter, you only paid 500 quid for it, right??

Drink two pints less a day whilst you're on holiday and you'll come up even.
Or sell your expensive motorcycle and buy a CG125 that'll do 80mpg and save yourself a fortune, makes me laugh on here when people moan about a few quid here and there and then turn up on a £10,000+ motorcycle.
Is the Scilly Isles Parking Co offering you secure indoor parking? Will it give you peace of mind? If the answer to these questions is yes, then £10 a day's a good deal, if you don't need the peace of mind, stick it anywhere you like...what does it matter, you only paid 500 quid for it, right??

OOOH, get you. Have you got a particularly small prick or something:aidan Its my money and I will spend how I choose. :blast I don't drink much these days - my choice, and bought the bike when working and had considerably more income than now: early retired so lots of time but not much money anymore but loving the freedom and this is a culmination of a 5 week camping trip around the UK. Friends are paying for the accommodation on Scilly (they are going anyway and rented a house with a bedroom more then they need). So its a cheap week for us. I am not asking for your sympathy, just making you aware that not everyone who rides a BMW has cash falling from their pockets to fritter away.

You are right though, I could afford it and could easily find £70 not to spend on something else, but its more a case of not wanting to feel like I am getting ripped off or taken advantage of. I think £10/day to rent about 6m[SUP]2[/SUP] of tarmac even if it is under cover is excessive. Maybe I am out of touch with parking as I hardly ever pay, car or bike. They are charging the bike as a small car and require the keys so they can move it about which means it will be squeezed into the smallest possible space, and I don't quite trust them not to move it outside or to keep it fully secure. They will keep the seagull shit off it though.

Austin W... boy this forum is odd. I've posted some anti-Corbyn stuff, and was heavily criticised on the forum.
Fair enough ! It's banter and argument. We are all grown-ups.

But you, asked an innocuous question, "about bike-parking" and get a reply like that !

Weird.

PS enjoy your trip. If you havent been before, you'll be impressed!

Thanks guys, keep the ideas coming. The B&B might be an option actually as it's the early ferry so I need to get the tent down and packed early.

And yes Stuart some people on this forum have a weird approach.

Bike Storage

When I fiirst moved down here I stored both my bikes in a storage container, they provided the locks and I had the key, the bikes were safe and secure that cost me about £20 a week was a while ago. It might be an idea to ring around some of the ones local to Penzance/Helston and see what the prices are now. I know there is one called Richards (01736 753625) 5 miles from PZ so not to far and It has 24/7 secure access, just a thought if there are no UKGsers in the PZ area who could look after the bike for you. Im to far away unfortunately for my place to be any use to you....anyway just an idea. Hope it helps, have a good trip :beerjug: ...... Ell

Back
Top Bottom