R1200gs wp front shock fitted on 1150

daverimm19

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Prob old hat but hey. Had a 1200gs wp front shock for a while now. Sending my original pair shock for a rebuild with some hyperpro springs to abe so I've fitted it. Just a note to say it fits. Straight on no messing looks same length, I'll report back my findings on the ride

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Prob old hat but hey. Had a 1200gs wp front shock for a while now. Sending my original pair shock for a rebuild with some hyperpro springs to abe so I've fitted it. Just a note to say it fits. Straight on no messing looks same length, I'll report back my findings on the ride

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

what was the outcome of this ?

all good ?

Clearly he crashed and was unable to report back, despite the passage of forty five months.
Alternately everything was dandy.
In the world of GSers then anything is possible.

I am curious as I have just got hold of a brand new 1200 front shock and it does fit straight in ok as it is only 2mm longer so in my mind this shouldn't be significant. The GSA is 20mm longer.

they come standard with a 50nm spring but I am not sure if this is heavier or lighter than the 1150gs Showa as its unmarked.

I would like to make it work as its new as opposed to the 50,000 mile one I removed.

I am curious as I have just got hold of a brand new 1200 front shock and it does fit straight in ok as it is only 2mm longer so in my mind this shouldn't be significant. The GSA is 20mm longer.

they come standard with a 50nm spring but I am not sure if this is heavier or lighter than the 1150gs Showa as its unmarked.

I would like to make it work as its new as opposed to the 50,000 mile one I removed.

as answered in my other thread but to put this to bed

standard 1150 spring is a 50

1200 shock is 2mm longer and also fitted with a 50 spring, it fits straight into an 1150

the 2mm should make no significant difference and the preload could be adjusted down to allow the ride height down a bit if required anyway.

I am happy as my rear shock is serviced and front is new so all should be well

thanks

Shock needed a rebuild as was very soft but no reason as to why it wouldn’t be ok,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And just out of interest are the 1200 shocks similar, better, worse quality than the OE 1100's?

My tuppence worth Denz0 the shock whisperer;) refashioned a 1200 shock for my 1150 adv and I have to say it's perfect.
Cheers
Dub 24

Back
Top Bottom