Vitpilen 701

yes. was told this deal is only onl 18 models left in stock, once they are gone the 19 models will go back up. how true that is i dont know. just not sure if this is the right bike. am not a fast rider, although have had fast bikes, so from that point it works but just concerned if this bike does enough, as due to size etc is limited in what trips i would consider doing on it.

Dies the 701 have the second balancer shaft like the latest 701 SM ?
I’m assuming it will but makes a big difference as much smoother .

Dies the 701 have the second balancer shaft like the latest 701 SM ?
I’m assuming it will but makes a big difference as much smoother .

Yeah, the (big) Husky singles all had itt ~ Husky seem to be KTM's test bed ie they adopt the new shit, prove it, then KTM adopt it.

Andres

Yeah, the (big) Husky singles all had itt ~ Husky seem to be KTM's test bed ie they adopt the new shit, prove it, then KTM adopt it.

Andres

The 2016 model 701's didn't have it, 2017 onwards.

Andres

Sorry but that’s bollocks.Husky are always late to the party !

My 2015 KTM Duke 690R was the first bike to have the new motor with second balancer shaft.But then my 2016 701SM didn’t have the latest engine.
I traded in the 2016 701 for the 2017 model because Husky had finally got access to the ‘latest’ motor, 2 years after KTM first used it.

Hippy, your bike is ready for collection ..,,,,,

1c3c0a6e584566c3604caf40be2dab4b.jpg
653d31eaf7b4f20600ba684c6e4ca3b0.jpg
fdef35d522acf40eef98f16b586656e1.jpg

Back end looks odd . Sounds great on standard can though .

Ok ok, I know this is the Svartpilen not the Vitpilen !!

Back end looks odd . Sounds great on standard can though .

Ok ok, I know this is the Svartpilen not the Vitpilen !!

Gotta agree about the back end.......... I also prefer the neon highlights on the Vitpilen if I'm honest.

I've still yet to see one in the flesh and I reckon there will be some low mileage 2nd hand bargains out there in a year or so (I hope!).

Andres

It’s hideous, what’s that ugly black triangular bit of plastic filling the gap under the seat? And it’s not a proper cafe racer either.

Why do you have to compartmentalise every thing ?
I’ve never heard these bikes being called cafe racers .

It’s certainly weird styling but should go like stink as it’s as light as fuck, the 701 is a great motor and it’s even got a quick shifter .

It certainly wouldn’t be your thing if you like the Thruxton.

Why do you have to compartmentalise every thing ?
I’ve never heard these bikes being called cafe racers .

It’s certainly weird styling but should go like stink as it’s as light as fuck, the 701 is a great motor and it’s even got a quick shifter .

It certainly wouldn’t be your thing if you like the Thruxton.

I wasn’t compartmentalising, someone else called it a cafe racer, it ain’t - if someone called you a girl would you just go along with it?

Have to say I like that. Stands out from the crowd, and based on the review above, it looks to be fun to ride too. Nice to see a few off-kilter looking bikes making it to production - some of the mainstream stuff is going the way of generic saloon cars - bland and anonymous.

Have to say I like that. Stands out from the crowd, and based on the review above, it looks to be fun to ride too. Nice to see a few off-kilter looking bikes making it to production - some of the mainstream stuff is going the way of generic saloon cars - bland and anonymous.

I quite like it apart from the back end.
To me, it looks like it should follow the line in red below and lose the bits below.

I think the Vitpilen is more like this .

1f170eb254c4bc37fb34d4c7ddfa900d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom