Vitpilen 701

that would match the 401 version which i do really like and for such a small bike, the 401 went really well

I took out 3 of the 701 engined bikes today just to seen what they were like. It was unlikely I’d buy one .

I went on the cafe one first as it looks very nice , I’ve never been a fan of the sports/cafe riding position and this was really no different in that sense and it’s not a position that gives me confidence. Great motor though goes very well .

Next was the super Moto . I was looking forward to it because of its riding position but was slightly disappointed as it was a bit raw and basic in feeling. Sitting right up on top of it with the bars close to you and I didn’t like the feel of the front brake. More or less instant power as opposed to the other two that have more progressive braking.

On the way back to the dealer I was debating whether or not to take out the tracker one but thought I may as well seeing as it would be unlikely they’d be a demo on all the time there.(all these bikes plus the 401s were from the husky hq at silverstone.

Anyway I did tack it out as I thought it would be the best of both worlds, the awesome in ya face looks with upright very comfortable position with decent seat. IT DIDNT DISAPPOINT !
Wow what a brilliant bike the one that you get on and it just feels right and within a few corners you have lots of confidence and feedback from it. I really really liked it. When I set off on the same circuit as the others I told the guy running it I wouldn’t be as long (as I thought I’d do a shorter ride) but ended up being longer and going further on it as it was sooo much fun. I wish had of know how to turn the traction control of as the front definitely likes to come up but it cuts the power when you get 6 inches off the ground.

Without doupt the svartpilen was my favorite it’s a shame it’s nearly 9 grand. (That’s the same as my Africa twin was)
All I’d want to do would be set the suspension so it was not so hard just a bit more plush.IMG_3524.jpgIMG_3525.jpgIMG_3526.jpgIMG_3527.jpg

I took out 3 of the 701 engined bikes today just to seen what they were like. It was unlikely I’d buy one .

I went on the cafe one first as it looks very nice , I’ve never been a fan of the sports/cafe riding position and this was really no different in that sense and it’s not a position that gives me confidence. Great motor though goes very well .

Next was the super Moto . I was looking forward to it because of its riding position but was slightly disappointed as it was a bit raw and basic in feeling. Sitting right up on top of it with the bars close to you and I didn’t like the feel of the front brake. More or less instant power as opposed to the other two that have more progressive braking.

On the way back to the dealer I was debating whether or not to take out the tracker one but thought I may as well seeing as it would be unlikely they’d be a demo on all the time there.(all these bikes plus the 401s were from the husky hq at silverstone.

Anyway I did tack it out as I thought it would be the best of both worlds, the awesome in ya face looks with upright very comfortable position with decent seat. IT DIDNT DISAPPOINT !
Wow what a brilliant bike the one that you get on and it just feels right and within a few corners you have lots of confidence and feedback from it. I really really liked it. When I set off on the same circuit as the others I told the guy running it I wouldn’t be as long (as I thought I’d do a shorter ride) but ended up being longer and going further on it as it was sooo much fun. I wish had of know how to turn the traction control of as the front definitely likes to come up but it cuts the power when you get 6 inches off the ground.

Without doupt the svartpilen was my favorite it’s a shame it’s nearly 9 grand. (That’s the same as my Africa twin was)
All I’d want to do would be set the suspension so it was not so hard just a bit more plush.View attachment 407912View attachment 407913View attachment 407914View attachment 407915

Interesting !

I do prefer the look of the Vitpilen over the Svart, I think.
It’s that stupid asymmetric number board that looks wrong on the latter.
But what was it about the Svartpilen that you preferred ? Simply the bars being higher than on the Vitpilen ?

I owned both a 2016 and 2017 701SM.

Both great bikes,especially the latter with the second balancer shaft,but the still lumpy single put me off on the end, with too many gear changes being constantly required for local riding .

Did you find the motor on the Pilens any better than on the SM ?

The Svart looks great, but what on earth were they thinking with those mirrors? :eek::barf

Interesting !

I do prefer the look of the Vitpilen over the Svart, I think.
It’s that stupid asymmetric number board that looks wrong on the latter.
But what was it about the Svartpilen that you preferred ? Simply the bars being higher than on the Vitpilen ?

I owned both a 2016 and 2017 701SM.

Both great bikes,especially the latter with the second balancer shaft,but the still lumpy single put me off on the end, with too many gear changes being constantly required for local riding .

Did you find the motor on the Pilens any better than on the SM ?

Yes I did say to huskyman that I thought the sm bike wasn’t as quick and I felt it had to be revved more funnily enough. I’ve no idea if they are any different in their set up .

I actually like the number board I like the simple clock too and the comfy seat . Yes the bars being upright put you in a great position to move and throw the bike around more. I started my riding on big singles and lol my early euro tours were on singles so have a soft spot but after getting a super smooth 100gs in 93 I decided I couldn’t go back to those chains and vibes. Anyway apart from the xt660r I had a few years ago this it the first proper modern single I’ve ridden and the mother and chassis are brilliant.

Your right regarding the gear change you do need to do more than on most bikes as you expect I suppose riding a single, I think it’s something you’d forgive it for as it delivers other stuff so well .The svartpilan is much nicer to ride slower than the sm as it’s so comfortable

Looks to be same as on the Vitpilen and SM. Bit big, but what would sir suggest ?

Something more in keeping with the bikes. I’m sure Rizoma make something suitable.

I agree. Lumpy single and constant gear changes. The current generation of twins, in-line and vee, are far better.

Just bought a Svartpilen 401 on the special deal £3999. What a bike for that money!! It will be a second/bimble bike, so not worried about the relative lack of power. It seemed to have plenty of go on my test ride yesterday!! Followed a guy on a 701 as he knew the local area, there was only a couple of longer straights I felt a bit underpowered.

First jobs are: tail tidy to get rid of the spray catcher thing and the number plate mounting. Remove the passenger foot pegs. Remove the weird tank luggage carrier.

If anyone is interested I will put up some pics in a couple of weeks when these tweaks done.

So far I'm loving my "black arrow"!! The Husky rep that was there said there is actually no differences between 2018 and 2019 road huskys.

Just bought a Svartpilen 401 on the special deal £3999. What a bike for that money!! It will be a second/bimble bike, so not worried about the relative lack of power. It seemed to have plenty of go on my test ride yesterday!! Followed a guy on a 701 as he knew the local area, there was only a couple of longer straights I felt a bit underpowered.

First jobs are: tail tidy to get rid of the spray catcher thing and the number plate mounting. Remove the passenger foot pegs. Remove the weird tank luggage carrier.

If anyone is interested I will put up some pics in a couple of weeks when these tweaks done.

So far I'm loving my "black arrow"!! The Husky rep that was there said there is actually no differences between 2018 and 2019 road huskys.

Loved it too, am bikeless currently with hardly any time to ride so still considering this as my sole bike as it is great for nipping about on. Like the looks and does have plenty of punch too. seems a no brainer, ok, dont expect to tour on it, but reliable bike with warranty and roadside for 4k seems ideal. Just been contemplating for weeks now!! Dealer said the same to me about no differences between b 18 and 19 bikes

Back
Top Bottom