Best F800GS Screen

cityadvrider

Reaction score
Looking for a new screen for my F800GS to help with buffeting at higher speed and make long rides a bit more comfortable (as the stock one is tiny and fairly useless. The three options I have found are below, would really appreciate any input, experience or pictures:

Touratech
http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/...-BMW-F800GS-F700GS-F650GS-Twin-2008-on-TINTED

Puig
http://www.puig.tv/tuning-bikes/bmw-f800-gs-2013/touring-screen/c171en/f213-r19-m3524/

Givi - 333DT
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-333dt-windscreen-bmw-f650gsf800gs-2008-2015

Thanks for the help

From the list I've tried the Givi one also had a metal mule one for a while ok better than standard but the flexing got on my tits so tried the bmw touring screen with support bar. Again better than standard & no flex but didn't really block/divert the wind overly. Current screen is a 2 part extendable Isotta/wunderlich goes high enough to make a genuine difference even slows you down a bit :comfort. If it's of relevance I'm 5'11"

Regards AL

Fully extended not the prettiest but it works :thumb2

Attachments

• 2016-04-19 09.49.45.jpg
    2016-04-19 09.49.45.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 6,015
Lots of different opinons here and much will depend on your height relative to the screen you have and seat (I'm 6' 2" and use a BMW Rallye tall seat) However, the buffeting is caused by 'dirty' or turbulent air that swirls around your helmet (no tittering at the back). Making the screen taller helps a bit with wind pressure but what you need is something to smooth the airflow and thereby reduce the turbulence. This is where aerofoil designs really help. The best I've found are from MRA and if you have a tall screen already (I have the BMW Touring screen) or prefer the design of another then they supply clip on 'wings' - the X-Creen is one i use and it's great. Highly adjustable and makes massive difference. I can post a pic of my set up if it helps. Or you can buy their complete screen with integral aerofoil spoiler bit.

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Adjustable_Motorcycle_Touring_Screens_for_BMW.html

Hmm.
In my very large "box of things to be kept out of sight of the Significant Other" I have both the Isotto and the MRA. Both had their issues for me, and did not really give anything better than the large givi I had on before. Finally bit the bullet and bought the Britannia Composites - cost about as much as all the screen experiments together but worth it - for me.
5` 8" and eyes of brown if you must know.
Brian

Givi

I have a like new Givi Airflow coming up for sale very soon :)

I have a Givi touring screen never used it so never fitted, it's for sale of you want it.

I have just bought a GIVI Airflow for my f700gs. Very easy to fit, looks quite smart. It adjusts up and down about 120mm. I am 5' 9" and have it in the mid position. It has greatly reduced the wind noise and in the highest position almost eliminates it. The downside to the highest position is that you are then looking through the screen which is not good if it is raining but also due to the curvature of the screen there is significant distortion around the lip of the screen which is somewhat distracting. Also there can be some glare from it from the sun at certain angles. One benefit of the screen is you can now hear the exhaust and engine sound. Cost was about £118 from Amazon.

Twalcom option

I like my Twalcom, does the job, looks good.
http://www.twalcom.es/ttr-parabrisas-para-f650-800gs-incremento-de-altura-20-cms
IMG_1046_zps7etveike.jpg

If you really want to create a calm haven behind your screen then have a look at Madstad...I have one on my Triumph Tiger 800 and the result is almost up to RT standards for weather protection and comfort at speed, especially if you fit the optional winglets too. In the summer (if it ever arrives) I take off the winglets and drop the screen (height and tilt adjustable) to give some cooling airflow. Available in the UK through HPS - http://www.bikehps.com/madstad/. HTH

i used a BMW Touring screen on y f800GS of a number of years, always found it to be good. I added a Wunderlich extender, but couldn't make up my mind if it was worth the money and sold it recently in a clear out.

Fully extended not the prettiest but it works :thumb2

Had one of those, certainly not the prettiest, shakes Like a guddun on the bumps, and a barstaard to clean the inside ... have to take the outer shield off to do so :blast

The BMW Touring screen does it for me, have tried others, but the BMW Touring screen has been a good friend for most if the 120,000 miles the 'bike has done :thumb

:beerjug:

Had one of those, certainly not the prettiest, shakes Like a guddun on the bumps, and a barstaard to clean the inside ... have to take the outer shield off to do so :blast

The BMW Touring screen does it for me, have tried others, but the BMW Touring screen has been a good friend for most if the 120,000 miles the 'bike has done :thumb

:beerjug:

I use the same one the BMW touring and add a laminar lip when touring works for me

I have recently put the "Slipscreens" screen on my BMWF800GS which is 7 1/2" taller and two inches wider and comes in clear,light grey tint,dark grey tint or black. I was worried if it would contact my handguards when the bars are on full lock but i contacted them on ebay and was assured they had slightly changed the design and it now has scalloped sides which clear the handguards. When i received it £47.99 plus postage it fitted perfectly and cleared as stated. I went for the maximum recommended height of +7 1/2" and at speed the screen does shake a bit but keeps the wind blast of my chest and adventure style crash helmet with MX style peak a treat and i am six foot three tall. I was concerned that a screen that cost less than £50.00 could not live up to the touratech/wunderlich/Givi etc products but at that price i took a chance and was pleasantly surprised. The screen is effective but not obtrusive and i always have the original screen for summer short blasts if i need it as it takes a couple of minutes to change. I don,t think i will need to swap it over though.:thumb

Got the tinted one on mine...
Cracking for the money.. :thumb2

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1461082721730.jpg
    FB_IMG_1461082721730.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,668

Back
Top Bottom