Pre 65 and Twinshock trials, 15th and 22nd May.

earthmover

opinionated, me?
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Two local club trials, for Pre 65 bikes and Twinshocks, with a smattering of more modern bikes thrown in. :thumb
Gresford Classics club on the 15th, signposted off the A5 between Froncysllite and Llangollen.
Aqueduct Classics on the 22nd, signposted off the A5 between Chirk and Froncysllite.

Both start at 11.00, finishing between 2.00 and 3.00, depending on the entry. Catering at both venues.
Mark

Never been to a trials event, is it worthwhile going purely as a spectator?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Heading back home from Barmouth on Sunday. If the timing is good I'll call in.

If you do Johnny, either ask one of the observers, or better still Chris at the butty van to point Mark Gaskell out to you. :thumb Riding my first trial on a Pre 65 bike, so don't stand in front of it, left foot braking isn't quite intuitive yet. :eek:
Mark

That's pretty near my patch Mark so may pop over to watch.
It would be the first Pre 65 event i have attended since i stopped competing on
my 1963 AJS 16C and, that was quite a while back :)

Nice to have met you today Mark albeit very briefly! The section we saw you at looked pretty tough going. Managed to get a picture.
e6de521bde909853448c7b06adc18373.jpg

da6f317839e391b8a684493a11148451.jpg

Hi Johnny,
Good to meet you and your lovely lady too. That section was one of the toughest of the trial, only saw one of the Inters clean it! My score on that section was either 16 or 18, depending on how favourably the observer viewed my attempt on lap 3. :blast
Lap 2 (which you saw) and lap 4 were definite 5's!
On the whole though, I was very happy with the day's riding. Will post some more pictures up when I can get in front of a PC.
Mark

Great piccies Mark. As i said to you Sat i did end up shifting tons of logs to my place and i do mean tons :) Hope you had a great day.

Looked a good one Mark, sorry to have missed it and the flippin next one :blast

Back
Top Bottom