1150GS - FAIL TO START - BEEN STOP START RUNNING ERRANDS ALL DAY

Diagnosing is fairly straightforward, IF you work in a methodical manner rather than in a haphazard way.

You can't even be sure that your jump leads work :D

Hi all
Well, who would have thunk it, maybe obvious, but not to me - then.

Turned out that my jumper leads are buggered and not working. I tried with neighbors jumper leads and it all works.

Only just seen this while searching for something else..... I'm getting good at this. :D

Just read this for the first time.
Please do not buy the shitty jumper leads that most places seem to sell, more insulation than copper when you need it the other way round.
I have seen so many of these fail at the clamp as at lat are just the skinny copper folded over and spot welded.
Do yourselves a favour and buy some welding lead, some proper cable crimps and decent cable clamps and make a set.

Adrian

Hay ewe, I have your post really interesting I have exactly the same problem with my 2003 1150gs,40,000 miles.
I connected my bike to my car with jumper leads like you said. Hey presto, she started up again. However very rough in the running.
Did you find out any more? I really want to get it back on the road again.

Hay ewe, I have your post really interesting I have exactly the same problem with my 2003 1150gs,40,000 miles.
I connected my bike to my car with jumper leads like you said. Hey presto, she started up again. However very rough in the running.
Did you find out any more? I really want to get it back on the road again.

Check your throttle cables. It's a very common fault, especially if you've been working near the tank.
attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom