Bonneville tank design.

dicktheleg

Pestie to the Nobility
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone explain this design of tank / graphics on a basic 2013 Bonneville?

I can't find its design on the net anywhere, only as a 2009 design.

There's no raised Triumph Badge, looks like a transfer or its painted on.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 364
They called that model the SE then they dropped the SE designation and renamed it 'Bonneville'

That paint job doesn't look standard to me although that model bike with the cast alloy (Lester Replica) wheels came with both a sticker type tank graphics or plastic stick on raised badges as standard dependent on model years

Do you know who the supplying dealer is?

Quite a few dealers had bikes painted by 8 Ball in various colour schemes and styles

It's not an SE it is a basic Bonneville with a non standard/special paint job. The SE had polished engine cases and not the base model black engine cases. I have a 2011 model basic with all the bits to take it above SE standard. The tank has the standard transfers on it, the SE had tank badges. The transfers are bigger than the tank badges and can not be covered by them. Does it have a rev counter? standard on the SE but a £245 extra on the basic. Triumph has produced a lot of specials using the parts bin. Some 2013 bikes had red frames and Thruxton headlight supports. I have not seen this paint job before. I have a shed load of spares for this bike. The seat is an extra, rear rack and screen all extras. Oh and definitely post 2010 model year it does not have the speedo drive from the front wheel but taken from the gearbox. No idea if any of that helps

Last edited:
Those little wheels always look awful, as Nice and Fat says its an SE model. There are loads of strange combinations come up from the guys who work at the factory. They can spec their own bikes and come up with some strange mixtures of parts

maxresdefault.jpg

Those little wheels always look awful, as Nice and Fat says its an SE model

No it's not Rob. Wrong engine cases. SE has polished cases not black. I like the wheels on mine and unlike the T100 with a 19inch front spoked wheels a lot more choice of tubeless tyres

It's one I'm considering viewing but I'm going through due diligence before travelling to see it.

The current owner bought it new from a main dealer as a base model and had the dealer fit the screen, tacho, engine bars, seat and rack.

The VIN I got from the owner doesn't quite stack up as the age character says it's a 2016......still to be resolved.

But the tank and paint job don't seem right...it's the correct colour for the year but tank decal and black side panels don't stack up - maybe it is a dealer parts bin special.

I'll,keep you ipdated but any further feedback would be useful.

Thanks

It's one I'm considering viewing but I'm going through due diligence before travelling to see it.

The current owner bought it new from a main dealer as a base model and had the dealer fit the screen, tacho, engine bars, seat and rack.

The VIN I got from the owner doesn't quite stack up as the age character says it's a 2016......still to be resolved.

But the tank and paint job don't seem right...it's the correct colour for the year but tank decal and black side panels don't stack up - maybe it is a dealer parts bin special.

Thanks

I was right a basic model with the extras. Is the white on the tank metallic? Triumph produced a crystal white paint job from 2011 year. Black side panels don't seem quite right to me,but could be. If you can take one off and read the moulded calendar marks on the inside of the panel.

Thanks

What model Bonneville is it you are actually looking for?

Triumph offered £600 worth of extras on the Bonneville for 3 years as a promo and so it's difficult to tell a SE from a standard base model.Mine came with rev counter, tank knee pads and heated grips. Some people opted for tank badges, rev counter and rack. The possible variations on the basic are dependent on the parts bin. Some have centre stands, some not. A genuine 2016 bike would have machined fins down to the crank case and not just the barrels. Model year runs from September to September. Mine was registered on the 9th of October 2010 but has the 2011 crystal white paint scheme and not the fusion white scheme of the 2010 model year. Plastics on mine are all September 2010 onwards but the calendar marks on electrics and air box are 2009. Really were bitsas these bikes! Best extra is a decent exhaust system and remap. I have the TORS system, really makes the bike a pleasure to ride. 6/8 extra BHP and better torque in the mid range. Cracking bike and a keeper for me

I'm pretty sure Webbs in Lincoln had a couple of bikes painted like that in their showroom just after I bought my black one, so 2012ish.
Those wheels look much better powder coated black.

Well, looks like I've bought it.

I did the deal based on what I thought was a dealer parts bin special but my wife found this when I got home.

Luckily the deal I did was very attractive as neither me nor the seller knew exactly what it was.

I doubt it'll be an appreciating asset but at least it's a little different and has the bits on it I wanted.

Anyone have any further info on this particular limited edition?

http://www.totaltriumph.co.uk/pages...ws/new-limited-edition-bonneville-colours.htm

Well, looks like I've bought it.

I did the deal based on what I thought was a dealer parts bin special but my wife found this when I got home.

Luckily the deal I did was very attractive as neither me nor the seller knew exactly what it was.

I doubt it'll be an appreciating asset but at least it's a little different and has the bits on it I wanted.

Anyone have any further info on this particular limited edition?

http://www.totaltriumph.co.uk/pages...ws/new-limited-edition-bonneville-colours.htm

Well done if you need any spares or service items let me know. Only 64 so keep a copy of the info with the log book. I've never seen this particular colour scheme.

Thanks Thornley.

I too read it as 64 but on closer examination it says 64 across both designs so it may be only 32!

Anyway I'll not be bumping into another one on the road.

Cheers
Rich.

A bit of a thread resurrection.....

Just put a deposit on this....was thinking it was a T100 but it’s an SE?

Looks very similar to the pic Rob Farmer has posted... 2013 with Ohlins rear shocks and 12000 miles on it....

So is it one of Triumphs part bin specials or actually an SE :nenau

The Bonneville SE was a dedicated model variant but in the bike's model run Triumph dropped the SE moniker and just called it the Bonneville. Favoured by the non bearded portion of the population due to its low seat height and quicker steering created by the use of a 17 inch front wheel. That looks like a nice clean bike :thumb

Back
Top Bottom