2610 screen delimitation and frozen screen

Orinoco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Over the weekend my 2610 has expired. It started with what looked like a small chip on the screen and followed by bits of the laminate coming away during the ride. Following morning, turn the unit on, but no response to touching the screen and screen stuck with last page shown.

I've tried the hard reset thing, but screen still stuck, anything else to try before i bin it?

There was another thread about this recently.

If you ask Garmin they may give you a new unit for £130ish. If you're lucky it might come with a new set of maps.

Otherwise its time for the Garmin tax.

There's lots of threads relating to delamination of screens on various devices, most of them ending happily with bods either:

A. Replacing the screens on their devices themselves, using screens sourced over the internet

B. Having their devices replaced by Garmin, sometimes for free (newish devices / depending on persuasive skills) or at a modest cost

C. Having their screens replaced by third party repair agents

A Google of something like: 'Garmin 2610 screen repair' or 'Garmin 2610 screen replacement' will turn up lots of ideas and 'How to do it' videos for you.

See also the sticky, created at the request of bods on this site:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/425199-Repair-agents

I think your best and cheapest bet is a used one on Ebay, a couple on there now. That is the route I took.
I doubt you will get any hep from Garmin on such an old model.:beerjug:

I have a used one I'd let go for £25 plus postage.

I did sell it previously here, but didn't realise the part of the body that clips into the mount was broken (I'd have to dig it out to have a look and see exactly is wrong), so had to refund the chap who bought it. Rest of it is in very good nick, so you could probably swap over the broken bit if interested?

Strangely, after leaving the GPS for about 6 weeks it works again!

I switched it on to take photos to sell as broken, but seems to be working fine, still has the screen flaked away, but usable, strange

Back
Top Bottom