Thread: Expensive, but happy

Expensive, but happy

The other day I drove into the forecourt to fill juice, but the standard 95 was lock, so I had to fill the next one up, BP Ultimate, more expensive, so I though to myself "here we go, nice trick, close the cheap one , force customer to pay more"
    How wrong I was. far more responsive engine, smooth, start better, in short a revelation. Better still, it seems to be very economical: 200 miles on a tanks on the conmuting run while with the "cheap" 95 always managed 170 at the most before the warning light gave up waiting.
    In fact in a run out of town yestreday I managed 220 miles withstill 2 bars showing. Impresive!!

So for the time been, Is BP Ultimate for me...

By the way, mine is an 1100 (the last proper motorcycle before BMF lost the plot)

'Don't mess with me' Member

Re: Expensive, but happy

Originally posted by Yosi
    .....before BMF lost the plot...
    It must have been the insurance!!

Greg
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

GS pervert Click here to find out how to Subscribe

The other day I drove into the forecourt to fill juice, but the standard 95 was lock, so I had to fill the next one up, BP Ultimate, more expensive, so I though to myself "here we go, nice trick, close the cheap one , force customer to pay more"
    How wrong I was. far more responsive engine, smooth, start better, in short a revelation. Better still, it seems to be very economical: 200 miles on a tanks on the conmuting run while with the "cheap" 95 always managed 170 at the most before the warning light gave up waiting.
    In fact in a run out of town yestreday I managed 220 miles withstill 2 bars showing. Impresive!!

So for the time been, Is BP Ultimate for me...
    Yep, mine works better with Statoil 95 Ultima here in Estonia, i guess it's pretty similar to your "ultimate". Engine starts to sing better. I feel some improvement especially on low rpms. Indeed, i got a bit better MPG with Ultima too, so looks like it's universal phenomenon.

By the way, mine is an 1100 (the last proper motorcycle before BMF lost the plot)
    Agreed!
    "From Estonia With Love" book - get your copy for a UKGSer special!

Re: Re: Expensive, but happy

Originally posted by Greg Masters
    It must have been the insurance!!

Greg
    Sorry, typing error should heve been BMW not BMF (apologies to whom it may concern)

Deleted account W

I'm gutted I bought one of their plot-less bikes.

Mine runs well on any petrol, perhaps yours need a service?

Oddly enough, I get about 190 before the light on regular 95 octane unleaded but only 180 with ultimate / super, and I'm not the only one who has noticed this.
    I guess it must be down to the fuelling map or something (this is on an 03 1150GS).

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    165 on ordinary unleaded before light comes on, 170 with Optimax, so too close to call really.

Do we all know where the full-throttle position is.......?
    190 miles to a tankful for me only occurs when I have SWMBO on the back demanding that she sees the scenery at 50mph.
    As happy as can be!
    Grumpy old twat. And getting grumpier by the minute.

I have the advantage of long stretches of motorway work however these are usually when there's traffic around, so I end up being limited to around 70. The GS is pretty economical around 70 I find.