Viamichelin Maps for Slovenia Offline

Nick H

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am off to Slovenia on Tuesday and have bought a couple of A2 size Maps from Mapsman. I have also downloaded the Viamichelin app which seems really good but I can't work out if I can download the maps onto my iPad to view off-line.

Anyone got an idea if this can be done and if so how?

Thanks

Nick

Screen print and save as PDF in iBooks.

Or just buy the paper map. Cheap as....

Cheers Wapping. Have bought a couple but will also try the screen print option.

Just in case:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u6MiD977IsE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you are using an iPad, then a photo editing app will come in handy. Something like Snapseed, which works well on a large iPad.

If you've not planned Lake Bled into your itinerary I can recomend it for a stop over, maybe a couple of days or so.
It's in the north just over the Austrian border, so it's ideal to stay after the ride down from Calais/Rotterdam etc. for a couple of days for a chill,
before setting off south for the rest of your tour.

Just a suggestion, and enjoy.:beerjug:

I use the excellent Pocket Earth app for planning, routing and as a SatNav on my iPhone. It uses OSM data, is available offline, infinitely zoomable and an in app purchase gives you contours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 432
I agree, the Pocket Earth app is good. I have never managed to make it plot a route when 'off line'.

I agree, the Pocket Earth app is good. I have never managed to make it plot a route when 'off line'.

It is coming! But no, for creating or changing routes you do need an internet connection

Back
Top Bottom