How many are up for the road run ??

Tarka

Reaction score
If you haven`t read Charlie`s thread about insurance yet,then
please do so.

I`m feeling quietly confident of being able to do the run,so I`d appreciate an idea of how many bikes and bods are likely to go on the road run.
This will help me decide on good/bad stopping places and refreshment venues (one in mind is a smallish tea-room).

Hopefully any fannying about over insurance and feckking GPS points has been put to bed...It`s a bike ride,fer chrissakes,on tarmac and in Great Britain.

If you want a map marking for you, I`ll do it before we go.

If you fall off or have some other mishap,you`ve got your own insurance.

It`s a bunch of riders out on a bike ride.
I`m not responsible for you in any way,shape or form.

Me and Legger/Sue - 2 bikes
Plus 2 of my friends have booked into the Hand
So another 2 Bikes & riders

Total - 4 bikes - 4 riders and 1 Pillion

Nice one Charlie....... :clap :clap

Well said Tarka :thumb

Lucy and I are up for the road ride on Saturday and maybe Sunday (2 x 1100’s)

Paul

Depends how things go but I might be up for the Sunday installment. Am going on the dirt ride on Saturday though so I guess it depends if I break anything (myself or the bike!) :D

tarka said:

If you fall off or have some other mishap,you`ve got your own insurance.

It`s a bunch of riders out on a bike ride.
I`m not responsible for you in any way,shape or form.

;)

Attachments

• screenshot040.gif
    screenshot040.gif
    4 KB · Views: 240
Malcolm said:
If you won't tell us where you're going how do you expect us to commit?

Do you feckkers need everything in life presented to you in black and white before you get off your arses and do something ??

It`s a combination of very narrow lanes,sweeping bends,lakes, dams,forests,cliffs,passes and moors.
It`s all on tarmac.
What more do you NEED to know ??

The whole idea of not casting it in stone is to allow for flexibility in case of extreme weather,road conditions at the time and also for variations in people`s riding abilities.

I did say to Charlie that I wanted a quick rider briefing before setting off,to get the concensus on distance and stops,etc.
Also I want to make sure everyone knows whether the 'Drop Off'
or 'Last Man' system is in use,and how they work.

Malcolm said:
If you won't tell us where you're going how do you expect us to commit?

We’re talking a top route here Malcolm, take the plunge man, you won’t regret it.

Just consider it a magical mystery tour not to be missed.

I think 'drop off' is probably better tham 'Last Man' system, as it's more progressive and allows everybody to ride at their pace without worrying about keeping the rider behind in their mirror

The Dutch Gsers call it "System D" nowadays which sort of trips off the tongue...

Lisa (NX650) and me (R11GS) will be up for the road trip

Cogs

Count me in for Saturday

Sorry I can't stay over night the wife is working both days

Looking to meeting everyone

I see a few proper GS's are comming!!!

Gary

"I have a big RED one"

I'm in

I'm in for the road ride too (GS1150) sounds fun.

Planning to travel up to the event with Clive on Friday so see you Tossers there :D

Bob

LLangollen Saturday

I will be there, bit of a novice what time and where? NOT a proper GS er what ever that means but I'm sure unlike sportsbike riders I will be made to feel welcome by my fellow riders.

Re: LLangollen Saturday

channiere said:
I will be there, bit of a novice what time and where? NOT a proper GS er what ever that means but I'm sure unlike sportsbike riders I will be made to feel welcome by my fellow riders.

Hiya mate,no probs..you`ll be welcome.

Read all the threads for details.

Some of the road route is bit technical,but as I said earlier,it`s all tarmac...even if some of it is a bit chewed up.

It won`t be a race or a showing off run,the emphasis will be on enjoyment and amazing scenery.

Road Ride

I'll be there, 2up and my mate Ron, 2up.

Looking forward to it. Here's to some good weather.

Back
Top Bottom