Fund raising for the Special Boat Service Association (SBSA)

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dear Fellow GSer's,

Ref: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/kayaking

Next week a team of Aged Adventurists led by me will be leaving for North West Scotland on a sea kayak expedition to raise funds for the Special Boat Service Association (SBSA). The Special Boat Service Association (SBSA) has been in existence as a charitable organisation for the past 13 years and provides discreet welfare, physical and emotional support to serving and retired members of the Special Boat Service (SBS). Due to the nature of the SBS, the SBSA is unable to make a public appeal and therefore depends on the generosity of those individuals and organisations that appreciate and respect the very special role that the SBS is fulfilling on behalf of this country. We're targeting £15,000 and to date have raised c £12,200 inc gift aid.

The expedition will be held in the coastal waters around northwest Scotland, combined with wilderness camping on the islands of Handa and Oldany. This expedition is being held shortly after the 73rd anniversary of Operation FRANKTON conducted by the World War II 'Cockleshell Heroes' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Frankton), the first mission by the Royal Marines Boom Patrol Detachment, the precursor to the modern SBS.

The team and the SBSA would greatly appreciate your donations for this worthwhile charity.

Regards,

Jeremy Eakin

187x1671010284_41b96325-44c8-4054-9350-284fbfc2c088_Poole.JPG

great stuff

I have had the pleasure of serving with some of these guys...top banana's

all the very best with the event..

donation made.....

Dusty

Top man Dusty. I owe you a beer.

Regards

Jeremy

Another top man. Much appreciated.

We work with several of the FBG and Poole Powerboat Club guys at Heroes On the water - so if you have any former members who are suffering mental and physical injuries you can point them towards us for a very well documented and effective therapeutic program.

Thanks for all the donations and messages of encouragement. We should hit £30k on the fund raise (still open) and here are a few memories.

I knew there was a reason I was Army not Navy ............:barf they be ruff some of them there sea's

My hat's off to you Sir! a great achievement....

Dusty

Jeremy , what a great cause .... Donation made and gift aided

Thanks for posting the photos.

Top man Stuart. Greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom