ABS stopped working - 2007 GS

Removed the ABS unit, stripped the motor, reworked/fettled the brushes so they fit the guides, reassembled motor and installed ABS unit, checked over the bike for good measure - took about 2 hours or so.
They seem very experienced, thorough and professional which was good enough for me.
Will consider using them again for other work.

That's good going for 2 hours, like you say, obviously know what they're doing.

ABS 2 Repairs

Stop hitting these motors with a Hammer , it breaks the magnets inside and the unit is unrepairable

We repair and improve the design so that this fault does not happen again

contact us for info

Steve www.motoscot.co.uk

Hi King Key

I run a R1200RTP. Brake failure light is on and I've had the system check at a dealer Coopers in Tunbridge Wells Kent. So the unit is faulty and needs attention.

I have read that you can replace the unit with a Ford Fiesta unit. I have now aquired a pump I used the number given off this website. However the unit has two extra pipe holes obvs for 4 wheels. Can you advise which holes I should blank off and the ones I should use ? Thanks

Hi King Key

I run a R1200RTP. Brake failure light is on and I've had the system check at a dealer Coopers in Tunbridge Wells Kent. So the unit is faulty and needs attention.

I have read that you can replace the unit with a Ford Fiesta unit. I have now aquired a pump I used the number given off this website. However the unit has two extra pipe holes obvs for 4 wheels. Can you advise which holes I should blank off and the ones I should use ? Thanks

Calm down, cut out the speed reading... Let each word sink in n i c e and s l o w ..

Now, are you sitting down. Remember now, nice and slow, read below (without moving your lips) what King kev actually said, let it sink in... ... and there's the answer to your question. :D
Whilst it looks similar it had extra pipe tappings (presumably as it was for a 4 wheeled vehicle?). So I just changed the motor over, it's been fine since.

Back
Top Bottom