Speed cameras

pitrat101

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys. Anyone know any good/cracked free speed camera software for the 340lm? Or is the £16 a year garmin one any good?

It's already on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 340lm I just bought from Aldi had all the speed cameras on. It gives you a warning about 30 seconds before

I'm assuming it's from Garmin as it has lifetime updates for free. £129 now in my local Aldi

I'll take a really wild guess that the OP already has a 340LM, to which he wishes to add a speed camera data base; so he'll probably not be rushing out to spend £129 in your local Aldi on another one. Not least as he is possibly already wincing at £16 for the Garmin version and looking for an alternative.

Now, do you have any alternatives to offer?

No do you seen as you've chipped in

Yeah bought one from Aldi, was told it does not have cameras on. Will take it out tomorrow for a spin see if they are there! But yes I would rather not pay £16 a year!

I have CamerAlert by pocket gps world on my android phone. £10 a year, updates every week and if you post new cameras can win a years free subscription. On a suction mount in the car and a ram x grip on the bike. Where do you go and not carry your phone!

You can also load the pocket GPS cameras onto a Garmin. Bit fiddly the first time but a doddle after that. I suspect it is the most consistently up to date version of the various databases around.

Yeah bought one from Aldi, was told it does not have cameras on. Will take it out tomorrow for a spin see if they are there! But yes I would rather not pay £16 a year!

£16 a year sounds like nothing compared to the prospects of paying for;
a) a speeding fine
b) a different device
c) a new device because the cracked software you installed also came with added malware at no extra cost and fucked your machine up.
Each to their own though.

Yours will have it. As long as you updated the software when you first plugged it into your computer it will update to the latest firmware and latest maps. I wasn't aware it had it until riding around. I've muted mine as it also warns you about areas where mobile sites are located which seems to be everywhere and this constantly interrupts your music. It does flash up a warning on the screen which is clear to see. To date on a trip to London and back from Hull all the cameras were warned enough to slow down.

the garmin speed cameras are a yearly subscription, or a one time download that expires after 12 months, and any units that are purchased without a subscription or the one time download will have them on as a 30day trial that will expire. info in link.
http://www.garmin.com/uk/extras-camera-alerts/

Where as the link i posted was a one off payment of EUR 9.95 for a year and is a legit database that is widely used, and i think that the pocket gps world database that is mentioned is the same database.

No do you seen as you've chipped in

Great that you've now grasped what it is the OP wants to achieve.

As to speed camera databases? I don't use them when hooning my awesome steed *, so I've never troubled myself long enough to go looking for alternative sites to get the databases from. Nor have I stopped to wonder if the £16 that Garmin charge to renew the subscription is good value or not at 0.04 pence per day. When pondering questions like these, I generally equate the price of anything to beer, a measure I can understand and relate to. I pay near enough £4:40 a pint, so sixteen pounds equates to about three-and-a half pints. Not bad value and certainly far fewer calories.

That being said, this site might be quite good, in as much as bods rave about it, as opposed to raving at it:

https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/33.html

https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/2415.html

* And I've no pressing desire to hoon from London to Hull any time soon.

£16 a year sounds like nothing compared to the prospects of paying for;
a) a speeding fine
b) a different device
c) a new device because the cracked software you installed also came with added malware at no extra cost and fucked your machine up.
Each to their own though.

Nah, you just don't get it. It's a rip-off, mate.

Great that you've now grasped what it is the OP wants to achieve.

As to speed camera databases? I don't use them when hooning my awesome steed *, so I've never troubled myself long enough to go looking for sites to get the databases from. That being said, this site might be quite good, in as much as bods rave about it, as opposed to raving at it:

https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/33.html

https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/2415.html

* And I've no pressing desire to hoon from London to Hull any time soon.

Good to see your attitude fits the nickname of 'tosser'

Excuse my ignorance of mobile phone technology, but presumably this requires you to run google maps (or similar) whilst riding/driving, and does this use up your data allowance?

I though about using mobile phone on bike but an accident 2 years ago sways me from it, got knocked off at 50mph and ended up a good few meters from bike in a ditch and guy never stopped, damaged my lower back and couldn't move, if my phone was in my pocket I could have rang emergency services and not have to wait 20 odd minutes to get found! That's why I always keep it my outside chest pocket! That's just my experience!

Excuse my ignorance of mobile phone technology, but presumably this requires you to run google maps (or similar) whilst riding/driving, and does this use up your data allowance?

This would depend on the type of maps used, or the type of app, you can use maps that rely on data, and also maps that use just triangulation from cell towers to give location, or downloaded full maps that act just like a gps without using data, again these use triangulation. this all could be crap as i dont use them, but its how i see it. others will confirm.

Back
Top Bottom