Old newbie returning to the fold

The Enthusiast

Reaction score
Hi All

Just a quick introduction guys. I have been a previous member of UKGSer a few years ago but left the forum as a subscriber on moving away from BM's. Attracted to the dark side and went to Honda and Yamaha , also dare I say Harley too. Became a bit disillusioned with BMW however, always been lurking though as I follow what happens with BM .

Well hadn't ridden one for a while, last bike was 800GS and had not been impressed with earlier 1200GS's . All that changed a few weeks ago when my Harley riding partner realised that much as she likes the bike her previous injuries were being aggravated by the riding position. As we wanted to tour abroad ,it had to go. I had a Yamaha S10 , which i liked , as well as a Harley so she decided she liked the riding position of the adventure bike. Long story shorter, she test rode everything she could and settled on the 1200GS as perfect for her. I had accompanied her on the BMW test rides on a similar 1200GS, why not I thought. Well , after a days ride I was sold on it too. Yamaha was good but the BMW is just so much more refined.

Both picked up 1200GS TE LC 's a few weeks ago with good deals . Mine has already had its first service already. Its so much better than my previous BM's going all the way back to the late 70's when I got my first Airhead. Still retains the character but what a great bike. Lets hope reliability is back to my old air head standard.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys and maybe I can be of help to others with my experiences shared too.

Glad to be back in the Fold

Cheers :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom