1984 SSDT Footage

Good isn't it

Colin Ward is still a v good centre rider still riding a TY250 Mono which is 30 years old
He's just been crowned the Aircooled Mono British Expert Champion for 2016

Good isn't it

Colin Ward is still a v good centre rider still riding a TY250 Mono which is 30 years old
He's just been crowned the Aircooled Mono British Expert Champion for 2016

Wardy won the Travers this year in the sections on his old TY but got excluded for putting his bike in the van instead of doing the road work. Wally Dalton was fond of a treat on the BSA.

Brilliant event - we last went in, how can I say this, 1979; as a spectator I hasten to add.

My Trials riding was only ever at Local Centre Clubman level - packed up years back when injuries started to get in the way of my job. Alway jealous of the skills of these guys.

We then switched to following Car Rallys, in my VW Westie, until Group B was banned - never the same after that.

Happy Days ..................... KEN

Great film, from back in the day

Enjoyed that JB, was that the Rotax engine in the Armstrong, by any chance, i thought they only did squaddie size 250s. A mate of mine had a Greeves pathfinder with the 175 Puch engine in it in the seventies, a good little tool it was.:beerjug:

Wardy won the Travers this year in the sections on his old TY but got excluded for putting his bike in the van instead of doing the road work.

I saw the fallout on FB, still a canny rider

Been to Cliff Collinson National today, a few Spanish and Frech riders there, in truly snotty conditions

Lad called Benoit (French I think) , came second in Expert class and put in a fab ride, beaten by 2 marks to Jack Peace

Enjoyed that JB, was that the Rotax engine in the Armstrong, by any chance, i thought they only did squaddie size 250s. A mate of mine had a Greeves pathfinder with the 175 Puch engine in it in the seventies, a good little tool it was.:beerjug:

I think it was the Hiro engine in the Armstrongs..............Rotax 2t in the Gori and SWM's

Just bought a tyz from Fort William area .
Got the trio of 250 ty now , twin shock, mono and now the tyz .

Still fancy a 175 twin shock.

Enjoyed a couple of twinshock seasons on my Pathfinder back in the early 90's :thumb2

Attachments

• Greeves 6.jpg
    Greeves 6.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 359
  • Greeves 10.jpg
    Greeves 10.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 381
What do you reckon to the TYZ, have you had a chance to ride it yet?

Just seen this :D

I havnt rode a trial on it, have done a couple off road days on it,and loaned it to a friend a couple of times.
It rides well and has plenty of grip, more than the 4rt .
I still prefer the ty250 for the odd trial I do, probably cos the lack of brakes makes you pay attention :D

Just seen this :D

I havnt rode a trial on it, have done a couple off road days on it,and loaned it to a friend a couple of times.
It rides well and has plenty of grip, more than the 4rt .
I still prefer the ty250 for the odd trial I do, probably cos the lack of brakes makes you pay attention :D

So does mine, TYZ grip has amazed me - got a 3rd place in last Weds summer series trial
So different to the 4RT

Back
Top Bottom