fuel

It's posh Shell for me, if we ever get fuel issues at work it's always come from a supermarket

I deliver fuel...most does come from same place in your area, additives are what make the difference BP, Jet, Texaco, Tesco,Sainsbury Shell, however although most comes in by ship is pumped to storage additive is added at point of loading, we bottom load on the racks and the additive is injected into the line depending on which retailer is being loaded..however Shell VPower nitro as its now called is made in a designated refining operation and is a sepetate product with excellent properties for anti knock corrosion inhibitors and carbon cleaning properties its rated at 99Ron....its what i use in bike and car worth the extra wonga....

Why exactly is it worth the extra?

You don't say - only that you do it.

As far as I can tell, most people who express a preference - actually do it only for that "pampering" feeling.

Al

As a fuels driver i worked on the Shell contract for 10yrs we got to see research films on Vpower unleaded and Vpower diesel they did alot of work on the development of it...Audi Le Mans cars used the Vpower diesel and Ferrari used and helped develop the high octane unleaded i guess if you are sceptical about its performance then only longer usage would maybe change your mind, for me i use it in my megane 225cup and it runs much better than with the lower octane..

As a fuels driver i worked on the Shell contract for 10yrs we got to see research films on Vpower unleaded and Vpower diesel they did alot of work on the development of it...Audi Le Mans cars used the Vpower diesel and Ferrari used and helped develop the high octane unleaded i guess if you are sceptical about its performance then only longer usage would maybe change your mind, for me i use it in my megane 225cup and it runs much better than with the lower octane..

On holiday in France, I frequently use supermarket 98RON fuel - and that makes the bike run better. I suggest it is the RON that influences, not the label.

AL

As you say 95 RON , I was correct !

Be aware that means regular in the uk and has a differ notation in the EU.

IT DOES NOT MEAN SUPER UNLEADED! (In the uk ) which is 98 RON

Super Unleaded is generally 98 or 99ron, which is the first line in the "recommended" box (the margin cuts off some of the text but it looks like it's a maximum ron of 10X) after that it's 95ron and then 89 AKI.

Super Unleaded is generally 98 or 99ron, which is the first line in the "recommended" box (the margin cuts off some of the text but it looks like it's a maximum ron of 10X) after that it's 95ron and then 89 AKI.
Yep! :thumb First line does read "Super unleaded"

I could be wrong here but Dont the bikes have Knock sensors that advance or retard the timing

They do have knock sensors . With mixtures as lean as 18:1, the "pinking " would destroy the engine if they couldn't sense and adjust pre-ignition.

I use 97 or 98. Bike 'feels' to run better and it definitely gets a slightly better mpg which in turn pays for the better fuel.

America uses 10ethanol they have had problems with ducati and harley XRs plastic tanks getting swollen, we use E5.....

On holiday in France, I frequently use supermarket 98RON fuel - and that makes the bike run better. I suggest it is the RON that influences, not the label.

AL

It is the Ron rating, but the additives are the ingredient that has the carbon cleaning,corrosion properties etc..

All that shite about shell fuels and the resherch that they done on it. Anyone remember Shell advance? Fucked up a few engines before they pulled it. Where did all that resherch data go? JJH

Perhaps as you know loads more than a bloke who has been delivering fuel most of his adult working life you should tell us all the real truth about motor spirit as you appear to know so much about it..

Perhaps as you know loads more than a bloke who has been delivering fuel most of his adult working life you should tell us all the real truth about motor spirit as you appear to know so much about it..

You asking me? JJH

My cousin's pal regularly taxis doctors to the Royal College of Surgeons.............

It doesn't make him a surgeon......... :rolleyes:

This may sound harsh - but maybe there is a reason you were delivering the fuel, and not developing it?

Al

Lol well i was the one who shared the fact about all the Shite research about shell fuels...so if you know its all shite enlighten us on your wisdom about motor spirit..

http://english.unica.com.br/news/22711185920320153336/ireland-adopts-mandatory-ethanol-blend/

One of the reasons our petrol is so shite. This is out of date, I think most of the major forcourts use an E10 blend. Shite!!!!!

They don't. Any E10 fuel has to be labelled as such. I have only seen an E10 labelled pump in France or Belgium.

Standard fuel can be up to 5% ethanol without any mention of this on the label. The exact % will vary from day to day, depending on where your fuel was refined which could be the UK or Kuwait as it is a global commodity. A tanker may deliver 5% ethanol this week and 0% next week, or any ratio in between.

The alcohol actually raises the octane rating which is no guarantee of quality itself. The quality comes from the consistency of the fuel meeting the specification, cleanliness of the forecourt bunker, fuel age and the additive package.

Consumers seem to be locked into the false notion that a 99 RON fuel is always better than 95 RON when the most likely cause of poor running is that the fuel is full of shit that blocks your filter - don't fill up if you see a tanker delivering at a site as the shit in the bottom of the bunker will have had a bloody good stir. Equally, don't buy fuel at a rural station that has fuel delivered once every 6 months as many of those nice volatiles will have fucked off into the atmosphere or oxidised.

Back
Top Bottom