GS topbox lock question

Peteb

Reaction score
Hi fellas,I have just bought a used vario topbox for my GS and my question is this,will I have to buy a new barrel for the lock or can you take the original one to bits and reassemble it to fit my key,anyone point me in the right direction on this one ? thanks Pete.

Pete, when you have figured out how to do it and know what number wafers you need(you don`t need to do all of the wafers, 3, or preferably 4 will do)I might be able to let you have any you are short of as i have some left over from recoding mine, mine is pre LC. If you are going to get the side boxes in the future you might want to buy new wafer kit from Motorworks they are about £20, part #51257698202. just remember the order you fitted the top box ones if you go down that route.

Al.

Hopefully the case came with a key, if so follow the instructions Tommac has posted.
It is very easy have a go, if you run into problems I am just down the road. :thumby:

Hopefully the case came with a key, if so follow the instructions Tommac has posted.
It is very easy have a go, if you run into problems I am just down the road. :thumby:

As above- not far away if you get stuck.

Thanks for all your help I'm really grateful. I haven't got a key for the box and already have matching panniers just want one key for all, I'll have a go this week and see how it goes,again many thanks, Pete

Thanks for all your help I'm really grateful. I haven't got a key for the box and already have matching panniers just want one key for all, I'll have a go this week and see how it goes,again many thanks, Pete

Well i'm astounded !! I've only gone and done it first time and it now locks and unlocks like a dream......just one query when I took it to bits there was only one spring present so Ive only put one back in is this likely to cause a problem in the future or will it be ok again many thanks for all your help especially Tommac for the information,regards Pete.

Each leaf should have a spring, and you run the risk of them staying open without.

Back
Top Bottom