Alternative to Rukka jacket?

Had my Halvarsons prime for 18months now. Great fit, and very comfy.
But, I get a cold spot in the middle where the lining leaves a gap behind the zip, where it lacks full length Velcro on the outer flap, so it lets wind through.

And rain:blast.

I have to wear a lightweight over jacket to stay dry in anything more than a shower.

As an update to this earlier post, the rather pathetic strips of velcro had lost most of there grip by last season so I dropped the jacket into Hideout one afternoon(I did prebook it)and Kate replaced them with a nice new continuous strip of velcro. I have to say it’s transformed the jacket. Not only is it so much warmer by being draft free, its also drier too. I’ve tried to feed this back to Halvarssons at both the NEC and to Mick Wynn, they’re technical rep, but it seems to just fall on deaf ears.
So I’d highly recommend anyone suffering similar drafts to get the velcro replaced asap. If and when I need a new one I’ll be insisting it’s done to start with.

I have some of Rukka's mid range stuff - still using Z drop liners not the laminated stuff. Bought at half price as end of line from the likes of FC Moto, Louis.de and Bikerland already mentioned above. About £500 for a 2 piece suit, Chariklo jacket and Fuse trousers.

Few jackets are much cop over 25C unless they are full mesh. I have a Rukka Airider for using on trips to Spain where it gets 30C plus even in late September. Again, half price when the new Airall came out. Carry a Richa breathable, waterproof overjacket for when it gets chilly or wet.

I have some gloves made by Weise and Richa and these are mid-price brands I would look at if I hadn't got the Rukka suit at such a reasonable price.

I have a Dane Sealand jacket in Large and only used once for sale.
It's an awsome jacket and I'd say much better than Rukka or Klim, I have a genuine reason for selling.
New they're £750 but I'm open to offers :)

I have a Dane Sealand jacket in Large and only used once for sale.
It's an awsome jacket and I'd say much better than Rukka or Klim, I have a genuine reason for selling.
New they're £750 but I'm open to offers :)

How large is the large? What sort of size are you, and did it fit?

I have owned

Rukka- Very expensive and ok

Klim - just as good as Rukka, but cheaper

Aerostitch- Roadcrafter suit, brilliant but not warm, wear it right through the winter

BMW Enduroguard - cheapest of the two piece suits, only complaint is I find it difficult to zip up the inner cuffs over my gloves. Best so far, although looking grubby.

Depends on what sort of riding you do, but I quite like the look of the Adventure-Spec layering stuff.

Using latest tech fabrics but using tried and tested ideas from mountaineering and outdoor clothing, but built with motorcycling in mind.

I can confirm the Dane Sealand jacket is indeed a nice piece of kit feels very sturdy and well made. Can't vouch for waterproofing yet.

Back
Top Bottom