Some useful information on touring in Norway...

Thanks for this - I'm in the middle of planning a Nordkapp trip for September next year....will incorporate some of these into my route. :beerjug:

Can't go far wrong seeing some of the best bits of Norway on these roads!

Done most of them, some even a couple of times.

Excellent choices and information about the area, as ever, from the Norwegian Tourist Board.

:thumb

Thanks for this - I'm in the middle of planning a Nordkapp trip for September next year....will incorporate some of these into my route. :beerjug:
September is getting ,,,,,quite late in the year for a run at the Kapp
Chap from the ABR forum (Abr worthy /camp site owner Paul Holroyd ) tried in Sept a few years back , and got nowhere even close with the ice that descends at the back end of the summer

September is getting ,,,,,quite late in the year for a run at the Kapp
Chap from the ABR forum (Abr worthy /camp site owner Paul Holroyd ) tried in Sept a few years back , and got nowhere even close with the ice that descends at the back end of the summer

I'm limited by when I can get the time off work. Plan is to ride up through Sweden and Finland in the first week of September then work south down the west coast of Norway. Maybe cutting it fine with the weather but its all I've got so got to run with it. :D

"Liv" on this site is the font of all knowledge about Norway!

Helped me out a lot in 2006 when I was thinking about going to Nordkapp in 2007 (which I did) - some good tips.

Nice wee find there Wapping and some good links from Liv Hope to do Nordkapp late June early July next year

Norrie

Norway 2019

Hi. I've been working on a route for Norway for a trip leaving June 20th.
We go up as far as Kristiansund, leaving from Ijmuiden, just after the Atlantic Road. It is made up on MyRoute-app. I have made it public, so if it is of any use to someone, feel free to use as much or little as needed. It is called Norway Trip 2019 on the site.

I have fine turned the route, and split it up into 15 days, so this is the kinda rough guide. The daily routes are not public.

Back
Top Bottom