2018 KTM 790 Adventure

Bumot monster belly pan prototype .

Yikes

10449a51b199f332f8c6a20604aa05b6.jpg

Ok. I’ll give them some leeway. Its a prototype you say. BUT...not in orange like that. No! Looks awful.

I bet if someone with Photoshop painted it matt black it would be ok. But really only if you’re going off-road otherwise a huge thing like that is pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How to stop a 790 dead in it tracks.

Another great afternoon. As the Birchmeister said, there's something satisfying about riding a big bike on trails. The 790 makes light work of farm roads but where it surprises is in quite technical terrain. With the new Motoz tyres it pulls you up almost everything. Love it.

IMG_4869.jpg

Connectors for accessory wires

Hi Apex, thanks for the pictures. Very helpful !

What connector did you use to wire your GPS ? Garmin sent those kind of Mickey Mouse ears connectors.

Does it fit in the OEM wires for accessory ?

Here you go....

Attachments

• Crisp 1.JPG
    Crisp 1.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Crisp 2.JPG
    Crisp 2.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 313
Just to say that using the stock cables for the Denali isn’t the way to go. You need to fit a relay, as normal. Worth a try though

Can you please tell me how you wired it in?

Can you please tell me how you wired it in?
Just through a 12v relay. Use the horn live on the + on the relay and route a fused 12v supply from the battery on the switched side of the relay to the Denali. You can buy a Denali bit of kit for all the but its not worth the money in my view. PLenty of Youtube clips on how to wire a 12v relay. :)

Just through a 12v relay. Use the horn live on the + on the relay and route a fused 12v supply from the battery on the switched side of the relay to the Denali. You can buy a Denali bit of kit for all the but its not worth the money in my view. PLenty of Youtube clips on how to wire a 12v relay. :)
Thank you very much! I have a 2022 890 Adventure R. The dual horn fits perfectly and puts cars back in their lane.

So has the 790 ADV R been a sales success here in the UK for KTM ?

I have been drawn to look at the 790 R because of its impressive stats, low centre of gravity and low kerb weigh.

Ive been doing the usual basic research reading threads and watching you tube clips with a view to possibly buying one as a stable mate for my Africa Twin. I recently read that the bike is in fact made in China, then I see comments on the disc failure and a couple of other items all pointing to inferior components, on low mileage sub 3 year old bikes, yet KTM want top money ( very close to Africa Twin prices) for a new one, I know the suspension is a level above that of the AT but also read of common rear shock failure and heavy chattering front forks.

I’d value some UKGSER owner’s input the good and the bad, as I’m currently wavering and doubting my choice.

Back
Top Bottom