Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 KTM 790 Adventure

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Arsey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BDG View Post
    Only my opinion but I'd hate a 790R DCT. Why? Well my work bike is a Honda NC750 DCT, it's ok but I still prefer the manual bike when doing slow speed manouvering round our congested streets. Same applies to the AT DCT off road, give me clutch control over an auto any day on anything nadgery.

Honda's DCT gear changes are damn smooth but in drive it chugs away and changes gear at very low revs, in sport it's better but it sometimes decides to change gear half way round a greasy wet roundabout, when I'd rather decide when to change gear.

Maybe I'm a luddite, each to their own etc.
    All I know is I never got up the steepest hill at the Honda off-road school in one go without stopping/stalling.
    I rode the standard bike for 1 1/2 days. I pinched the DCT for the final afternoon and rode straight up the same hill with no trouble at all.

I love my ATAS DCT.It's so much better than the 2016 AT DCT.I tend to ride it in manual mode most of the time or S2 and it very rarely changes gear where I wouldn't have done.It's almost telepathic,certainly much improved over the 2016 bike which I also had.
    As you say, each to their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    There are far more people risking their lives on the GS than any of the competitors bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    how are they at "advanced" motorway speeds ? What speed do they feel comfy at ? Do vibes significantly increase at say 70,80.. ?
    cheers
    70-85 in gusting winds and no vibration. Tall screen fitted but very very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Byronavitch View Post
    Are they wolf man bags jo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yes on TT racks. I planned to swap rack once there is more choice but these TT are very well fitted and designed.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe narvey View Post
    Yes on TT racks. I planned to swap rack once there is more choice but these TT are very well fitted and designed.
    So you are riding yours now then

Took it fishing. It’s crap at catching mackerel.

There are far more people risking their lives on the GS than any of the competitors bikes

Top speed figure ?

So you are riding yours now then

Yep. Very nice, but ... fuel gauge doesn’t work.

Yep. Very nice, but ... fuel gauge doesn’t work.
    Pleased you like it I asked them to check for any updates like the fuel gauge before I pick it up

Pleased you like it I asked them to check for any updates like the fuel gauge before I pick it up

I did too. They said no fix from KTM on their system. Suggested I ride around block as the slow might be slow. I did 150miles, it’s not working.

Dealer also forgot to fit the heated grips - they remembered to charge me though so not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Took it fishing. It’s crap at catching mackerel.

Guernsey looks a very pretty place

I did too. They said no fix from KTM on their system. Suggested I ride around block as the slow might be slow. I did 150miles, it’s not working.

Dealer also forgot to fit the heated grips - they remembered to charge me though so not all bad.
    I was bit surprised when I saw the grips with the external controller they work from the TFT on the 1290r but they are in short supply at the minute I think a lot of the accessories are now,

How do you feel on the bike,

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe JerseyNeil's Avatar
    Guernsey looks a very pretty place
    It is from that angle but if he had turned the camera 180' you would see a load of webbed-footed zombies eating carrots

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyNeil View Post
    It is from that angle but if he had turned the camera 180' you would see a load of webbed-footed zombies eating carrots
    Nah, I don't think the visibility was good enough to see you fûckers today !

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe JerseyNeil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Nah, I don't think the visibility was good enough to see you fûckers today !
    Touche!

Quote Originally Posted by BDG View Post
    It is indeed the first one he ever built, it’s been upgraded with most of his developments and its a gem thanks, though a little scuffed round the edges through lots of miles and a few crashes. It’s definitely a keeper but I keep looking at everything written about the 790 and want to try one. Could I justify having one as well instead of a new kitchen? Hmm difficult question as I have such a kitchen fetish.
    Easy..Get a cheap Ikea kitchen and get a 'mate' to fit it, save a fortune and treat the bike to some new cosmetics.
    Or, Ikea kitchen, sell me your bike and treat yourself to new LP special at only £42k

Joking aside, if I had £42k burning a hole in my bank account I would seriously consider one of those builds before anything else..no frills, zero rider aids, no electronic suspension, carburettor, properly set up and well up to the job suspension, amazing fuel range, light, powerful...SE950 slayer, the perfect overland travel bike

Almost certainly this is a stupid question, but is anyone aware of a spare 790 R available in the UK in the next 1-2 weeks?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast