2018 KTM 790 Adventure

After almost 5000km I'm getting 3.5- 3-6 L/100KM

Do you know you can set the bike to display the consumption in a few different ways ( three if I recall correctly). It’s a submenu and includes MPG.

This is to APEX at this thread: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/441083-2018-KTM-790-Adventure/page50

Remove the 2 top screws holding this in place and the 2 underneath the light.

Thanks for the good writeup & pics!

However. point 2 is as far as I got, short of using a crowbar.
Which is what it would take, as far as I could figure out :blast

Could you please expand on how you got this bit out?
And yes, I have removed the two top and the two bottom screws..

Cheers from a not entirely happy KTM790 owner in soggy Western Norway.
I mean: Having to change the entire multifunction switch to enable Cruise control??

This is to APEX at this thread: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/441083-2018-KTM-790-Adventure/page50

Remove the 2 top screws holding this in place and the 2 underneath the light.

Thanks for the good writeup & pics!

However. point 2 is as far as I got, short of using a crowbar.
Which is what it would take, as far as I could figure out :blast

Could you please expand on how you got this bit out?
And yes, I have removed the two top and the two bottom screws..

Cheers from a not entirely happy KTM790 owner in soggy Western Norway.
I mean: Having to change the entire multifunction switch to enable Cruise control??

If it’s the grey metal section you want to remove then you remove the top 2 screws first. Then using a screwdriver prise one side outwards...it’ll pop out...and insert a thin packer before you pop the other side (or the first side relocates while you do the second side). Once you’ve done it once you’ll see. No crowbar needed! Try not to scratch the grey paint.

Me too

Bad men on the Internet made me buy it. Yes, it has a top box.

Have ordered the Holan rails as I like the profile of them and I generally use a peli case and soft luggage. It's on a 69 reg so no road miles yet and looking forward to running it in on the lanes around here - should be a lot more nimble than the GSA. Not a big fan of Karoo 3 and will change those on first service. Not sure to what yet but probably something less lumpy.

Lots of very useful information on this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_2708 (1).jpg
    IMG_2708 (1).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,155
on 3rd set...new set yesterday misted over 5 minutes from leaving dealers, bone dry . weird
must be where they are sealed up,manufactured. getting moisture inside

I’ve got a 790 duke for the week, and the engine/ power is fantastic. But the suspension is shite.

Is the suspension on the adventure R fully adjustable, front and rear?

I’ve got a 790 duke for the week, and the engine/ power is fantastic. But the suspension is shite.

Yup..

I thought the suspension on my Duke was quite good.
And you’ve ridden my 790R so know that’s pretty well sorted.

Yup..

I thought the suspension on my Duke was quite good.
And you’ve ridden my 790R so know that’s pretty well sorted.

Ok, good to know. :thumb

The roads is Guernsey must be better than the roads between Oxford and Ascot, as I was ready to throw it in a hedge by the time I got there!

Fully adjustable. Agree the Duke is set up quite harsh. Its nature though. The R is a completely different bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much faster now !!!

cecffb701aeba9485006367ff3e3d735.jpg
d4c5fcf19e3b8672e466272e20d3d8ce.jpg

Any of you owners done any decent mileage days two up? Interested to know how you got on with it. It appears to have all the things I want in a bike (particularly the lower weight and good tank range) but pillion space is a big consideration for me (on an AT at present)

Back
Top Bottom