2018 KTM 790 Adventure

And if modifying the bike why would they make the exhaust stick out even more ?!

Not sure that's exaggerated a bit by the camera angle.......also, look closely, it's not finished yet.

That's one fecking cool looking bike though, proper stripped back :)

Andres

Proper off road afternoon. A-mazing. This bike is very very capable, as if we didn't know already!

Green laning in comfort. The balance and poise of the bike in rough stuff - it's genius.

Rally mode
Rally throttle mode 'off-road'
Slip control level 8
ABS 'Supermoto' setting
Front Compression 17 clicks out
Front Rebound 13 clicks out
Rear - 'Normal' settings

I'll play about a bit more with these settings but the way the bike steers in Rally mode/8 is brilliant. Sliding the rear wheel as a non pro was relatively easy and great fun. Karoo3 tyres fine, not great in soft mud. With Slip control 8 you can just gas the throttle and the bike hunts for grip like Toni Bou! If only I could ride like him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proper off road afternoon. A-mazing. This bike is very very capable, as if we didn't know already!

Green laning in comfort. The balance and poise of the bike in rough stuff - it's genius.

Rally mode
Rally throttle mode 'off-road'
Slip control level 8
ABS 'Supermoto' setting
Front Compression 17 clicks out
Front Rebound 13 clicks out
Rear - 'Normal' settings

I'll play about a bit more with these settings but the way the bike steers in Rally mode/8 is brilliant. Sliding the rear wheel as a non pro was relatively easy and great fun. Karoo3 tyres fine, not great in soft mud. With Slip control 8 you can just gas the throttle and the bike hunts for grip like Toni Bou! If only I could ride like him

But you can.....

https://youtu.be/Gbt0O475DbE

d66b68acaca06291d1511cfa542a5e74.jpg

Two different angles

6fd6912e8f668294c1130e73c13cfce6.jpg
948f7c7210bd33842f8877fe971f4c5a.jpg

Essential mod: 2.6kg removed from the top of the bike.

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

What’s the CCA on the lithium battery ?

Enough to easily crank a GSA and then a 1290 and now a 790. Been round the block this battery! Doesn't suit the 1290 as much because the stupid keyless bit runs it flat in a few weeks (or less) although there maybe something else drawing current that I don't know about. The old GSA had keyless but the battery never went flat - must work in a different way I guess.

Enough to easily crank a GSA and then a 1290 and now a 790. Been round the block this battery! Doesn't suit the 1290 as much because the stupid keyless bit runs it flat in a few weeks (or less) although there maybe something else drawing current that I don't know about. The old GSA had keyless but the battery never went flat - must work in a different way I guess.

I don’t think I’ve used lithium batteries, are they fairly deep cycle or do they need to be used to stay charged ?

Looking at where the battery is mounted, removing the 2.5kg, is it noticeable ?

Lithium batteries hold there charge for a long time. They don't love the cold. The good ones shut down before they're completely flat to prevent permanent damage to the cells I believe.

I've fitted them to all my bikes that I've owned over a number of years now and not had a single issue apart from current drain on the 1290. The one on the Freeride has gone to hell and back in rain/snow/heat and continues to perform perfectly.

The CCA of the JMT battery is claimed to be 210.

I love the concept but note that 48 Wh on the lithium-ion battery works out at 4 Ah, compared to 10 Ah on the original. I understand what this means but not how it might impact us in real world use.

Normal battery chargers will damage the battery, so you would need to buy a battery charger designed for LI batteries.

Back
Top Bottom