2018 KTM 790 Adventure

Anyone fitted a decat pipe from Claudio Sousa in Portugal ?

fee032fb09bc0c72f3896e2f80bc3d93.jpg

I’m tempted but combined with Akra minus baffle, it could probably then benefit from a visit to Geoff.

I’m tempted but combined with Akra minus baffle, it could probably then benefit from a visit to Geoff.
Are they straight through? Someone was trying to tell me that a 'membrane' is needed to create back pressure. Seems to be defeating the object.

My 1290 runs great with a clear pipe!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do you have a view on how many people on here have a 790 ?

I’m interested in the number of people that are looking for after market ‘things’.

My bike has an akro but I would not buy it again as no point. No change in sound ( useful for safety in London) or performance ( I do not have the skill to comment on the benefit of plus or minus power).

Do you have a view on how many people on here have a 790 ?

I’m interested in the number of people that are looking for after market ‘things’.

My bike has an akro but I would not buy it again as no point. No change in sound ( useful for safety in London) or performance ( I do not have the skill to comment on the benefit of plus or minus power).

No idea as to numbers.
I’ve just removed the baffle from my Akra and it sounds much better.Not loud but much deeper and makes a nice noise when changing up on the quickshifter.

No idea as to numbers.
I’ve just removed the baffle from my Akra and it sounds much better.Not loud but much deeper and makes a nice noise when changing up on the quickshifter.

How ?

How did you remove the baffle, was it like the video that was posted ?

How ?

How did you remove the baffle, was it like the video that was posted ?

A mate did it as he had done his.Took 5 minutes. Drilled a pilot hole I think 32 mm down from the end and then increased drill sizes until 12mm.Then unscrewed the nut with 4mm Allen key holding the baffles in and pulled it out.

92721c0075686167448628a8092142a6.jpg

2f771ab70bd019977c6474d792a9ac16.jpg

I’ve ordered a rubber grommet made by Akra and with KTM part number 76505099050 to fit in the outer hole.

823a66ef0887f94033e8c51c4fe8d01a.jpg

Another 60/40 Off road/ Road ride this avo. The bike just impresses every time I go out on it.

I confirmed my suspicions about the S model (for me). The R seems like a different bike almost entirely. Would never have guessed that.

The stock tires a really poor on wet roads. I'm considering changing to some Mitas E07's. Sound pretty good for most conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another 60/40 Off road/ Road ride this avo. The bike just impresses every time I go out on it.

I confirmed my suspicions about the S model (for me). The R seems like a different bike almost entirely. Would never have guessed that.

The stock tires a really poor on wet roads. I'm considering changing to some Mitas E07's. Sound pretty good for most conditions.

What do you consider to be the advantage of the E07 over the standard tyre? I would have thought they were for the same ratios off road/ road.

If I want to roll a tyre down a path I will buy those. Otherwise I’m staying with my E09.

A mate did it as he had done his.Took 5 minutes. Drilled a pilot hole I think 32 mm down from the end and then increased drill sizes until 12mm.Then unscrewed the nut with 4mm Allen key holding the baffles in and pulled it out.

92721c0075686167448628a8092142a6.jpg

2f771ab70bd019977c6474d792a9ac16.jpg

I’ve ordered a rubber grommet made by Akra and with KTM part number 76505099050 to fit in the outer hole.

823a66ef0887f94033e8c51c4fe8d01a.jpg

Job done

0aa0dac457d6d44416ba3ab4eab0854c.jpg

I looked at mine and I can’t see how the baffle would fit out through the hole !?

Given Akro provide a plug does this mean they provide a tool / instructions to remove the baffle ?

I looked at mine and I can’t see how the baffle would fit out through the hole !?

Given Akro provide a plug does this mean they provide a tool / instructions to remove the baffle ?

I fink you have misunderstood this, innit !!

Akra don’t provide a plug specifically for this exhaust but it is for other exhaust from Euro 3 and earlier but fits a 12 motor hole.

So what you do is you drill (eventually) a 12 mm hole.Start with a much smaller (say 5mm) drill and work up through 7,9,10 etc until you have a 12mm hole.

The hole is underneath the exhaust 32 mm from the lip :
29078e1747051b7c04bb8e7b2a63d79d.jpg

Once your hole is drilled, you insert an Allen key (4mm I think) up through the hole and unscrew the nut holding the baffle in shown here (screwed back in for safe keeping )

c8d6d845e6742ae707dddcc6298ef44d.jpg

Then you simply pull out baffle through end of exhaust with pliers.My mate’s came straight out but mine was tight.To dislodge simply tap firmly with a hammer inwards ,using something a similar width to the baffle to dislodge it.Then it should pull out.

Then order that Akra grommet (KTM part number above and about £3) and stick it in hole as I did above.

Does that make sense ?

Gotcha but how do you know that you are drilling in the correct place to be located over the hex bolt?

Gotcha but how do you know that you are drilling in the correct place to be located over the hex bolt?

You can see inside the exhaust where the bolt will be.It’s 32mm down from the lip as shown above pic and virtually directly underneath the centre of the exhaust but very slightly off to the right.
Assuming you drill in the ball park then because you end up with a 12mm hole, if you use an Allen key with the swivel end, whatever they are called then you’ll be fine even if not lined up exactly .

I’ll go take a pic

Here

28f8fe13ccff64ed5cd92bace1d2abef.jpg

a51046d3481caa30b4a891f5061b3c59.jpg

28f857c9a677b5ec50262c2f79685e76.jpg

Just to add, it’s not loud. Just much deeper . You can obviously refit the baffle and screw back in if you don’t like the sound but you will !

Hi guys, I was over to saltire bikes in Edinburgh today trying to get a delivery date for my FTR 1200,
Anyway had a seat on the 790 Adventures both standard and R as they had both in the showroom. sales guy said only them and one other dealer in the uk had an R in stock.
Just thought I would post in case anyone was looking.

Cheers

You can see inside the exhaust where the bolt will be.It’s 32mm down from the lip as shown above pic and virtually directly underneath the centre of the exhaust but very slightly off to the right.
Assuming you drill in the ball park then because you end up with a 12mm hole, if you use an Allen key with the swivel end, whatever they are called then you’ll be fine even if not lined up exactly .

Did you change tyres?

I have the E09 on the rear now ready for Iceland, works really well in Waitrose carpark.

85e3aaef3f9eeabf3c33695510aa6d85.jpg

Did you change tyres?

I have the E09 on the rear now ready for Iceland, works really well in Waitrose carpark.

85e3aaef3f9eeabf3c33695510aa6d85.jpg

Not the sort of tyre to fast road on I suspect! Tipping in on those edges must make you clench up and cross fingers. Sure they'll do off-road very well though.

Back
Top Bottom