2018 KTM 790 Adventure

Any of you owners done any decent mileage days two up? Interested to know how you got on with it. It appears to have all the things I want in a bike (particularly the lower weight and good tank range) but pillion space is a big consideration for me (on an AT at present)

I have both the 790R and ATAS and my g/f has been on the back on both in Brittany .
She doesn’t find the 790 bad at all though does prefer the ATAS a bit more .
She has quite a trim arse though :)

Just bought a 790 Duke :cool:

Traded in the 1290 because it just wasn't getting used as a long distance touring bike, all my biking at the moment is either hooning with my mates locally or a days teaching.

I'll post some pics in a while (only had it two days), but the farkling has already started. Great bike - love it! :thumb2

Traded in the 1290 because it just wasn't getting used as a long distance touring bike, all my biking at the moment is either hooning with my mates locally or a days teaching.

I'll post some pics in a while (only had it two days), but the farkling has already started. Great bike - love it! :thumb2

Have you ordered your 'special go faster seat' as well? ;)

Do you want a pillion seat hump thingy ?

45043072239cd5d2abc803e8a1710915.jpg

It simply clips in, replacing the pillion pad in seconds.

Like dis,innit....

8e6139f2b2fce195cf460fac228e61de.jpg

Do you want a pillion seat hump thingy ?

45043072239cd5d2abc803e8a1710915.jpg

It simply clips in, replacing the pillion pad in seconds.

Like dis,innit....

8e6139f2b2fce195cf460fac228e61de.jpg

Ahh Bugger!Ive ordered one! There was a pro mo deal with KTM - £800 worth of power parts, so that was on the list and waiting for it to come in.

keith .... standard seat at mo, seems comfy enough. Spent the deal on things like heated grips, paddock stands, usb ports, graphic kit, screen, belly pan etc !

Just seen this in St Tropez. Hope it's not raining back home is it?

Front fender on an 'S'.

IMG_3176.JPGIMG_3175.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With nearly 50 pages, that I'm not going to trawl through, this vid may or may not have already been posted. But I sat and watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it ... :thumb2

<iframe width="966" height="543" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/14yMcQ0lrYE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enjoyed that to Giles. I've got the 790 as well - the S model which is easier for me. I love it. Traded my Africa Twin AS which was just too big and heavy for my advanced years.

All these videos make me quite depressed as all I have within an hour of my house is half a dozen "green lanes" that are no more than a mud track alongside a field.

For me a 30 mile round trip to and from the 1st / last track, and the "Off-road" section is about 11 miles of road for 4 miles of track.

People here get excited about Salisbury plain which is just a load of flat straight dirt / gravel tracks, people in almost every other European country and all other continents can just ride out of their town / village and hit miles of trails.

Loved the look of that adventure rally in the 1st Video, shame we have nothing like that within 1,000 of the UK.

Now sold the DRZ400S as there is nowhere to ride nearby and got a Husky 350, a mate has a CRF (Proper one, not the L model which is almost 790 weight!) and plan to do some friendly Enduro events and off-road days, a lot of these off-road schools knock £100 a day off if you take your own bike which makes them less expensive than a track day (and crashing is much cheaper)

Antigravity ATZ-10 Re-Start Lithium Battery - Just fitted this to my 790 as I mainly travel solo in out of the way places and liked the fact that the battery will always save enough power to start the bike. Since fitting, the battery voltage on the display is fluctuating between 13 & 16v, the indicators are blinking rapid, & the headlight is switching off briefly every few seconds. I obviously changed back to standard battery to avoid any damage. I chose this particular battery as it is being sold on a couple of websites specifically for the 790.

Anyone else fitted a Lithium? Any problems?

Cheers.....

Yep. No issues. Sounds like a dodgy connection or a faulty battery to me. Plug in to charger see what it says? Fit to different bike try it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lithium batteries sound like nothing but grief to me.

Huh? Assume you haven’t used one then.

I’ve fitted a few:

1200 GSA - zero issues in 3 years.
Freeride - as above, unless you leave aux lights on.
1290 SAS - bad idea as there’s a constant current drain, assume for the keyless.
790 - perfect for it.
Tuono - worked perfectly on that. 6 months without a charge and started first time.

The GSA one got removed and is still fitted in a bike. For me, the fact that they charge up so fast when the bike is running is great. Off road you push the starter all the time and it’s never an issue because it charges up again in minutes, enough to use anyway. Once you feel the weight difference and get your head around it (they feel like a cheap toy) most people wouldn’t look back at an acid one.

:eek:
Huh? Assume you haven’t used one then.

No, but I've read about a fair few failures with them. Ooh look, there's another one yesterday.

Then there's the cost, the special chargers apparently needed and the warming up for cold starts...
Just don't have the requirement for an ultra light battery. Must check though, as I think I may have just bought one :blast

Back
Top Bottom