07 x country adjustable brake and clutch levers wanted

bmstan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As per title, my daughter is struggling to reach the standard levers. Any recomendations?
Ta
Stan

Found this for some located in HK. I've bought levers from China before and they have been fine...and cheap. YOu may get caught on customs but its still cheaper than buying in the UK.

There are also some on Ebay UK from Germany. More expensive but......

Wunderlich do a set of adjustable levers for the X series bikes.

Levers are also fitment to other models.
Have a look on the forums for other bike models that use the same levers - Yamaha 450 of some sort is one. I can't remember which one now.

The specific bike thread on Adventure rider runs to about 700 pages JUST on the X-bikes, challenge and country.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/bmw-g650x-challenge-thread-index.335086/page-600#post-31082961

Just ordered some from HK as per the link from mikebrxx, at £22.60 delivered. I'll let you know what they are like when they arrive.

:thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby:
Just ordered some from HK as per the link from mikebrxx, at £22.60 delivered. I'll let you know what they are like when they arrive.

Well they have arrived and look good, they are adjustable for span, length, are hinged so they fold up if you drop the bike and with different anodized colour options to match the colour of your eyes:D
The brake lever went straight on but the clutch lever bolt hole was only 6mm instead of 8mm, I'll feed that back to the supplier to see what they say. For me it was less hassle to just drill and ream the hole rather than send them back. The clutch lever doesn't quite match the profile of the original where it sits against the mounting bracket as it is machined on a constant radius whereas the original has a flat on the bottom. On the bench it looks a lot but when fitted is not that noticeable. So now they are both fitted and my daughter said that they feel much better than the standard levers. She just needs to road test them now, prevented by thick fog yesterday round here, and set them up to suit her. At the price, £22.60 for the pair Inc p&p, they are worth having as spares for offroading.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Stan

:thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby:

Well they have arrived and look good, they are adjustable for span, length, are hinged so they fold up if you drop the bike and with different anodized colour options to match the colour of your eyes:D
The brake lever went straight on but the clutch lever bolt hole was only 6mm instead of 8mm, I'll feed that back to the supplier to see what they say. For me it was less hassle to just drill and ream the hole rather than send them back. The clutch lever doesn't quite match the profile of the original where it sits against the mounting bracket as it is machined on a constant radius whereas the original has a flat on the bottom. On the bench it looks a lot but when fitted is not that noticeable. So now they are both fitted and my daughter said that they feel much better than the standard levers. She just needs to road test them now, prevented by thick fog yesterday round here, and set them up to suit her. At the price, £22.60 for the pair Inc p&p, they are worth having as spares for offroading.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Stan

The Vtrec levers I have fitted to mine had the same issue with the clutch pivot. The supplier sent out an alternative part asap.

Hello Nathan, I have just had a look at the Vtrec vario levers (319784) on the Motea site and they look almost identical to the Chinese ones I have. They both say they use the same material but there is a big difference in price,£82.06/£22.60.
It will be interesting to see how they perform when I "liberate" the bike for a bit of offroading!
Stan

Glad they worked out for you Stan. This sort of stuff is so much cheaper direct from China. There are app's for your phone too, if anyone is interested. 'Geek' and 'AliExpress', though I epect there are others.

Are these still OK levers to use? Both levers on my XCountry have a lot of up/down play on them so replacements are needed.

Are these still OK levers to use? Both levers on my XCountry have a lot of up/down play on them so replacements are needed.

Or a bush.... a simple nylon bush would eliminate the play. Phosphor bronze if you want to be posh!

Back
Top Bottom