HEX Ezcan

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredaroony

Reaction score
I installed one of these yesterday and great piece of kit. http://hexezcan.com/ It's from the makers of the GS911 and works off the bikes canbus.

You connect it to the battery of the bike then the canbus connector on the RDC module. I used one of the channels for my Stebel horn and it allowed me to remove the extra wiring and relay. Since it reads the canbus signal for the horn it actives the lead when you push the horn button.

You can also connect lights to it and set functions like strobing when the horn is pressed and one light will turn off when the indicator is used.

Screen-Shot-2016-05-04-at-2.36.12-PM.png

ezcan_main_window_screenshot.png

mapping.png

ezCAN_pack_content_vid-1024x683.jpg

I've been looking at this and others for a while now as a way to limit all the connections to the battery for the 'add-ons'. At the moment, the web site says it's not compatible for the UK though..:nenau....... I wonder why?

I see you have posted this on two more forums here; are you advertising ? :nenau

I see you have posted this on two more forums here; are you advertising ? :nenau

Sigh...there is always one of these comments and I was nearly going to lock both of these threads in here because of it. No I am not advertising at all, I am simply trying to help others by posting information but I suppose that is a big issue for you right?

I specifically mentioned the horn feature on the ezcan because I was unsure if it could be connected directly or not and HEX never replied to the two emails I sent to them.

This thread will now be locked as I'm not going to take shit from people like you for simply trying to help. What the hell is wrong with some people in this forum????

Anyone wants anymore information please feel free to contact me via PM.

I opened this again after a couple people PM'ed me and asked me to restore it. If you want to come in here just to give me shit then post it somewhere else please....

Yeah glad you reopened this. I read your post for the camera and see you used this to provide the power. A couple of questions for you;
Does this simply switch on and off with the ignition or does it have a time delay like some items on the bike?

I've been looking at a power supply and have considered the PDM60 to be what I want. Did you consider others? What made you choose the ezcan?

Thanks

Yeah glad you reopened this. I read your post for the camera and see you used this to provide the power. A couple of questions for you;
Does this simply switch on and off with the ignition or does it have a time delay like some items on the bike?

I've been looking at a power supply and have considered the PDM60 to be what I want. Did you consider others? What made you choose the ezcan?

Thanks

Yes it switches on and off with the bike but on the "accessory" channel you can change the delay from 0 to 30 seconds. However I believe the canbus stays alive for 30 seconds or so anyway.

I had a PDM60 on my old bike and they are quite good. The big difference with this is that is integrates into the bike via the CANBUS where the PDM60 is simply a fuse block.

If you don't care about any extra canbus features and simply want a power hub similar to the PDM60 then you could look at this http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...ower-Hub1-Install-and-Review?highlight=innovv The PDM60 is electronically fused where this device uses standard fuses but is also much cheaper.

Many thanks for unlocking

Fredaroony... Thanks for opening it up again..:thumb2

You mentioned that you were able to take out the extra wiring for the horn..!

I have FIAMM twin tone horns on mine. I wired it in to the canbus with the canbus wiring from Nippy's and then added the extra wiring and relay required all linked back to the battery.

With the HEX Ezcan, i am (in my peanut mind) struggling to understand what this would give me. Would it be a matter of taking the + & - from the horns and wire directly to the Ezcan (as this is already plugged in to the canbus system)with no additional relay etc? :nenau (FYI - i have a 2014 GSA with the canbus horn connection)

If i can understand this more, then it would help to justify the value for future additions/projects.

Any feedback would be welcome :beerjug:

Fredaroony... Thanks for opening it up again..:thumb2

You mentioned that you were able to take out the extra wiring for the horn..!

I have FIAMM twin tone horns on mine. I wired it in to the canbus with the canbus wiring from Nippy's and then added the extra wiring and relay required all linked back to the battery.

With the HEX Ezcan, i am (in my peanut mind) struggling to understand what this would give me. Would it be a matter of taking the + & - from the horns and wire directly to the Ezcan (as this is already plugged in to the canbus system)with no additional relay etc? :nenau (FYI - i have a 2014 GSA with the canbus horn connection)

If i can understand this more, then it would help to justify the value for future additions/projects.

Any feedback would be welcome :beerjug:

Yes exactly as you wrote in bold :) It's instant too and no delay which makes sense since the original horn is canbus too

Thanks buddy... much appreciated. Ride safe.:thumb2

No worries :) That was my number question prior to buying it and I'm happy it works that way. I might even put the original horn back on and have two. Makes it much easier to mount the horn pretty much anywhere on the bike

Yes it switches on and off with the bike but on the "accessory" channel you can change the delay from 0 to 30 seconds. However I believe the canbus stays alive for 30 seconds or so anyway.

I had a PDM60 on my old bike and they are quite good. The big difference with this is that is integrates into the bike via the CANBUS where the PDM60 is simply a fuse block.

If you don't care about any extra canbus features and simply want a power hub similar to the PDM60 then you could look at this http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...ower-Hub1-Install-and-Review?highlight=innovv The PDM60 is electronically fused where this device uses standard fuses but is also much cheaper.

Thanks Fred :thumb2, sounds like it makes life easy, especially the horn connection as you described above. Looks a bit smaller than the PDM 60 too.

Could it be used to power spot lights when main beam is used?

You mean the spot lights are off when only the driving lights are on, i.e. no low beam, and the spot lights turn on with the low beam? That is a good question but I don't know sorry. I cannot see any setting like that for the lights.

The only settings there are for the software is on the first post. Perhaps they will add more features as time goes past but I might ask them as I want to know as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom