Non GS But still very important.

We seem to have strayed off topic somewhat :topic, instead of chucking insults around think about what this guy did & sign the petition please.:beerjug::thumb2

Worthy but ill judged. The petition would be better directed to getting a proper campaign medal for the BC crews. That could certainly be awarded posthumously and claimed by the descendants of those who took part.

For what reason was he put forward for a knighthood? If it was his war record then no I won't sign, if it was for some outstanding work since then perhaps, if I knew what it was.

Dec got an OBE for I'm a Celebrity.......let's get back to reality chaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gentlemen

all you need to know is , he helped put the Great in Britain. what have you done !

For what reason was he put forward for a knighthood? If it was his war record then no I won't sign, if it was for some outstanding work since then perhaps, if I knew what it was.

Your cockness knows no bounds.....

My father served as did I, what have you given for your country, no doubt feck all apart from your inane drivel!

Your cockness knows no bounds.....

My father served as did I, what have you given for your country, no doubt feck all apart from your inane drivel!

Can you answer the simple question please? Like others have said, they all deserve recognition - just because he is the last surving member does not make him more important - this story I suspect is more about publicity for Carol Vorderman.

P.S. What have I done for my country? Worked for over forty years, earned the country money in exports and paid large amounts of tax which is needed to pay the wages of the forces amongst other things - so don't be such a complete dick!

PPS - my grandfather, my great uncles, my uncles and my father were all engaged in both wars - so you can fuck right off with your stupid ill thought comments?

Can you answer the simple question please? Like others have said, they all deserve recognition - just because he is the last surving member does not make him more important - this story I suspect is more about publicity for Carol Vorderman.

P.S. What have I done for my country? Worked for over forty years, earned the country money in exports and paid large amounts of tax which is needed to pay the wages of the forces amongst other things - so don't be such a complete dick!

PPS - my grandfather, my great uncles, my uncles and my father were all engaged in both wars - so you can fuck right off with your stupid ill thought comments?

Once again inane drivel

Yep and yours pay for my GSA

Some people are the wealth creators others consume - tis the way of the World.

PS. You do realise that the armed forces websites mostly agree with me about this old guy - you should check out the previous threads about it on here - your thread is old news.

Time to go out for dinner, la'ers dude :)

Nah! sorry!

There was a time when things like Knighthood and enoblement meant something, probably when George "Johnny" Johnson was a young man.

Today, they are just meaningless titles bestowed on anyone.

I would not wish to degrade this brave mans honour with such a worthless title.

:nenau

Not strictly true. I was delighted with my Honour, completely surprised, and never gave it a thought or the remotest expectation, as I climbed The Seven Summits, raising half a mill. for our hospice in the process. Several, like the occasional hair cutter who was in the news at the time, seem a little perculiar, but the ceremony delivered our proudest moment to mum, dad and moi.
Something like a Knighthood is a huge honour, and I could name several of our war heroes that richly deserve such recognition.
Just my thoughts, of course, but I wouldn't part with mine for anything.
Alistair.

Back
Top Bottom