XT Serow 225

Andyhunn

Reaction score
Anyone on here got a Serow 225? I have one for off roading but can't seem to get the carb set up right, the plug is always black and it rides lumpy. Any ideas on jetting etc appreciated.
Thanks Andy

Not related but you might like to know.

One of my Serrows was a right b'stard to start if left for 3 weeks or more. It turned out to be the fuel in the carb was losing its volatility. The simple solution was to drain the float bowl with the fuel tap turned off, once empty tighten the drain screw and open the fuel tap and it used to fire first touch of the starter then.

I have an old lawn mower that does exactly the same, I suspect today's fuel is not of the same quality as it used to be.

Or you could just do what a mate of mine used to which is to turn the fuel tap to off about one mile from home and by time he was pulling in to his driveway the bike was running on fumes :thumb2

Different method, same result without the faffing and stink of petrol all over your hands :D

Xt225 bogs down under load. Not rideable. I think it may be the CDi unit.

I understand they are hard to find. Does anyone know of suitable replacement unit?

I understand they are hard to find. Does anyone know of suitable replacement unit?

Got one, hopefully that will sort it. Fowlers Yamaha, back order from Japan, should anyone need one..

Back
Top Bottom