France - Crit D'Air Emissions Stickers

I hate repeating myself but is there a tick box for aftermarket exhaust system?

Answer: No

This is about the air quality/pollution. Not noise pollution. Or does fitting an Akrapovic have an effect on the air quality of the exhaust?

You only need a scanned copy of your V5

Bad Idea

Is it just me that think is a bad idea to provide all my vehicle details to a foreigner country?? If the DLVA doesn't provide my personal details to any country in the EU why should I?

What are the chances of getting caught and fined on place when going to France?

Is it just me that think is a bad idea to provide all my vehicle details to a foreigner country?? If the DLVA doesn't provide my personal details to any country in the EU why should I?

It's just you and maybe your mum.

High from 7 May when cross border enforcement is active for the UK http://www.itv.com/news/2017-01-26/uk-drivers-who-speed-in-the-eu-to-be-fined-under-one-way-law/

http://etsc.eu/faq-eu-cross-border-enforcement-directive/

So if I avoid listed above cities, will I still need this sticker on my awesome steed even If I just touch the outskirts of them? I have no plans to visit Paris, Lyon or Grenoble.

So if I avoid listed above cities, will I still need this sticker on my awesome steed even If I just touch the outskirts of them? I have no plans to visit Paris, Lyon or Grenoble.

No

I don't have one on my car or bikes, just stay out of the center of those towns,

I do go to see friends around Lyon without any problem

Been in France for almost 20 years and only ever been pulled once about 15 years ago on a Saturday night

Great, thank you.

-----

Post edited to keep it near enough on track, without it switching into 'I am going right the way across France in May, can you tell me the best route'.

Fresh thread started to do just that.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these have to be renewed each year?

You just knew that someone would do it for you and look at the website, didn't you.

How long is my Air Quality Certificate valid?

A vehicle retains the same environmental classification throughout its lifetime.
Once acquired, the certificate is valid as long as it remains legible.
The ink and materials used for the certificate have been chosen to last as long as possible.
During the technical inspection, the legibility of the certificate will be checked and a replacement may be requested, if necessary.

I have read the sticky, and looked up as much as I can.... but can I ask someone to tell me how,to get the size of the photos of the V5 to under 400kb. I am using an iPad. Or do I need to use a computer. If so, how to I import the photo of the v5.

Yes I am useless with IT.

Much sarcasm and piss taking expected.... but I'm hopeful for some help:blast

If you have a smartphone, download an app called photo shrinker.
the easiest thing Ive found and the results upload really quickly with imperceptible loss of quality.

Take the picture and try to email it to yourself. It'll ask what size you want the picture to be.

Take the picture and try to email it to yourself. It'll ask what size you want the picture to be.

I will give that a try and if not, I will try the tip from Oldrat.... thnx fellas....

So the emailing of the photo and resizing it, worked. The pic was a bit blurred, but hopefully it will be ok. Thnx fellas.... good tip.:beerjug:

So the emailing of the photo and resizing it, worked. The pic was a bit blurred, but hopefully it will be ok. Thnx fellas.... good tip.:beerjug:

Got the sticker through, so the emailing tip worked... if it helps anyone else. Like a twat, I put Euro 4 in, rather than Euro 3:blast but will take a chance on having the wrong sticker:cool:

Well I've tried & failed, fucking stupid fucking computer bollocks.
I haven't got a fucking clue how to re-size the Jpeg or photo or whatever the fuck they want, I have no idea WTF the 'Indication of the Environmental category' even fucking well means let alone what the fuck it is, FFS.
And despite the fact that my V5 clearly says the CO2 in g/km is 0.045 Johnny Fucking Foreigner's fucking web form won't fucking well accept it.
Fuck them, they can fuck off, fucking French fucks. If they don't want my money they can bollocks. I repeat, French Fucks. Fuck them again, then fuck them some more.
Maybe Andres' mate was right after all, fucking European fucks. *

*Obviously he wasn't right and obviously this is my fault for being an old fart but I really haven't got a clue how I'm going to get this form filled in. Yes I've tried one of those resizing application things, no it didn't work, yes it's my fault.
Best just avoid the affected cities when I head to France in September I suppose.:D

Edit: Just for the record I love France & I love the French (well, most of those I've met).

Back
Top Bottom