France - Crit D'Air Emissions Stickers

Slightly duff advice there. The A25 autoroute passes through the Lille ZPA.
A crit air sticker cost about £4.50. What's the problem?

And the autoroute goes bang through Grenoble!

Staying in Grenoble and Lyon next year, so I'd rather pay £4 in advance and avoid any hassle rather than face the possibilty of enduring a patronising lecture and fine from the Gendarmes.

Besides, I need more stickers on the GS.

I would get one but I leave tomorrow, not sure France is that quick :doris
It's not that quick, I applied for mine two weeks ago and it hasn't come yet !!! not that I can go anywhere !!!

It's not that quick, I applied for mine two weeks ago and it hasn't come yet !!! not that I can go anywhere !!!

Will you still need one once lockdown is finished; thè air should be almost pristine.

I’d like to take the LeMans to Mandello this September, and would like to know if it’s possible to get the cert & sticker.

Does anyone know what to do for older bikes?

Does the French Historic vehicle, or Owners’ club have any advice?

Or is it simply a case of “non”?

I guess you just try to register the vehicle as normal, but it seems that older (pre-1977) vehicles are banned, full stop. Give it a go and see what happens.

PS I went to Chambery (a city that apparently - according to some websites but not others - requires a sticker) in 2020, without a sticker, parking overnight right in the centre. Nothing happened. I do though have a pound of butter in the fridge. This was on a 2017 plate motorcycle.

I also went through Rouen in 2021, a city that definitely is on the list, again without a sticker. Nothing happened. This was in a 2016 plate motorhome.

Thanks guys,

Sorry, should have been clearer in my question, 1977 LeMans

“Votre vehicule est trop ancien et ne correspond pas sux criteries …. Nous ne pouvons donner suite a votre demande”

I read that as “Your motorcycle is ancient and polluting. You will be shot”.

As the French love old vehicles it is hard to see how this works. Either ignore the sticker thing or just don’t go into the centre of a few cities.

We all got stickers to go into Grenoble in 2017. Nobody checked and loads of the French vehicles parked on the street did not have one.

We all got stickers to go into Grenoble in 2017. Nobody checked and loads of the French vehicles parked on the street did not have one.

Though the stickers are mandatory, as I understand it (which may well be total bollocks) the French are not yet imposing the fines on anyone. Hence, nobody is buying the stickers.

Though the stickers are mandatory, as I understand it (which may well be total bollocks) the French are not yet imposing the fines on anyone. Hence, nobody is buying the stickers.

Much the same as the breathalyser bollox.

Now you tell me. That’s about £4 I’ve wasted. :blast

An update, I am en vacance with 2 Paris residents. It seems they have been banning bike with 3,4,5 stickers in days with bad pollution but at other times nobody GAF

The real downside in applying for one of these is that the French authorities have all your details on their system. Trigger a speed camera and the fine will be in the UK before you are.

DAMHIK!

Has anyone been in/around Grenoble lately on a bike? Any update on if this sticker is really needed? etc

Has anyone been in/around Grenoble lately on a bike? Any update on if this sticker is really needed? etc

I was there a few weeks back for four days.
Had a yellow Crit D'Air sticker on my old GSA.
Didn't see a Gendarme or get challenged, fined or turned away.

Back
Top Bottom