Mapsource on new computer

littleredrooster

Reaction score
Having a bit of a struggle with this.

Briefly, old Win Vista computer (i know, I know...!) replaced with new Win10 64-bit computer. Garmin Express/BaseCamp/Mapsource downloaded and installed successfully, maps copied across from old computer into the MyGarmin/Garmin/Maps folder. Complete set of maps appear in Win Explorer and at ~4GB each, appear to be populated with the correct data.

Set up Mapsource so it pointed at this folder (in Preferences) but no maps at all are visible, not even the global base map. Not a sausage, nowt. Both Map and MiniMap are blank. BaseCamp ditto, but I have never used this in the past, preferring Mapsource so I am not au fait with it.

I have checked and double checked the directory/folder location and closed/reopened the application, rebooted the computer, but have drawn a blank.

I have two devices (Zumo & DriveSmart) and both connect successfully in Express and seem to think their respective mapsets are up-to-date, but Mapsource obstinately refuses to play ball. Garmin FAQs and search reveals nothing, Google draws a blank as far as the first 20 pages go.

HELP!!!

Suggest you delete the file on your PC containing your maps.
Then use Garmin Express with device connected to install your maps to PC in map options.

Suggest you delete the file on your PC containing your maps.
Then use Garmin Express with device connected to install your maps to PC in map options.

S'funny you should say that - I've just plugged the Zumo in and told Express to download maps to computer only. Let's see...

Ta for the suggestion.

Woo-hoo! Worked for the Zumo version of maps, now doing the same with DriveSmart (two different types of maps...) to see if it picks up the Lifetime subscription.

Back
Top Bottom