Buying a replacement battery for the Nav V

Paul S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi - the battery on my 2.5 year old Nav V no longer fully charges and then discharges quickly when unplugged so I guess I need a new battery.

BMW want £57 :eek:

Anyone found an alternative source for them - google search on the battery number did not find anything :confused:

Cheers

Paul

IIRC, it's the same as the Garmin 660. I've just googled it, and they start at about £9

IIRC, it's the same as the Garmin 660. I've just googled it, and they start at about £9

Photos say different

2d4c75ffcb4b6d5896aef1164591cd16.jpg
c018dcbc6b740bc4841c4075eb740c80.jpg

Got you by the goolies. Should have bought a Zumo.....

If you do get a new one, and you send me the old one, I'll open it up and see if the guts are replaceable.
Might help someone else.

Got you by the goolies. Should have bought a Zumo.....

If you do get a new one, and you send me the old one, I'll open it up and see if the guts are replaceable.
Might help someone else.

There is a rather complicated pcb with lots of doo-hickeys on it, bonded in - and no discernable (replacement) battery.

Just has a look at my Nav 5 battery and through the covering I can make out "Sanyo UF463450FP"
Which comes up with a few hits on Google, that I can't follow at work.

Mark

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

nav 5 battery

you can get the batteries used in the nav 5 from digi-key
Sanyo 7.4v 920mAh 6.8Wh battery
Digi key part numbers
1568-1492-ND 3.7V two of these
or 1568-1876-ND 7.4V 1000mAh - would need to be rewired

I have half taken the nav 5 battery apart. it is two of the above 3.7v batteries - they are flat 3.7v lithium batteries both in parallel and series i believe. There are 4 connections to the circuit board and it appears one of the connections is a + & - tied together which does not make sense - that would make 3 connections. As long as mine works will not take it further apart. Both of the above would need to be wired to the circuit board. The circuit board is not bonded in there is only a plastic wrap that peels off easily. The tabs are soldered on to the circuit board. Nothing more.

This is a very old thread, but posting an update as others like me might have not replaced this battery in the past because of not wanting to pay BMW's price for it.

I have now contacted Garmin directly and they are sending me a replacement battery for the Nav 5/6 for £13

Back
Top Bottom