Rivington Barn

It's just marking it's territory. My old R100GS used to do the same on Kenny's path :D

I always find these "meet" places like Rivington Barn a little awkward.
they are places for anoraks really, you know the kinda guys who know everything about every bike ever made.

I stand there most of the time and have no idea what people are talking about lol

I know about bikes I've owned and maybe a few good mates have owned.
So listening to these people, they may as well be talking about the inner working of an elephant.

for us mere mortals, its better to just ride without stopping anywhere like this :)

they are places for anoraks really, you know the kinda guys who know everything about every bike ever made.

I stand there most of the time and have no idea what people are talking about lol

So listening to these people, they may as well be talking about the inner working of an elephant.

for us mere mortals, its better to just ride without stopping anywhere like this :)

Please see post #14.
But I know where you're coming from. It's just about being selective who you natter to.;) Weekdays are much better. I avoid weekends like the plague.

Please see post #14.
But I know where you're coming from. It's just about being selective who you natter to.;) Weekdays are much better. I avoid weekends like the plague.

And we don't wear anaraks :D

i agree i find its all very cliquey, turn up on the "wrong" bike or wear the "wrong" gear be it too expensive or too cheap in their opinion and you're just a social pariah,

i don't go anywhere that's "biker" friendly or where lots of them congregate

I have to confess to attending a few of these places, but I’m usually on my own. I get a brew, wander round, take a look at anything that interests me and speak to no one most of the time. Then I get back on the bike and leave… Social pariah? Pah..!! If only I gave a shit :thumb

Been a few times when I had my R850R and R1200R a few years back. Tried to visit weekdays several times in the few year and always found it completely mobbed the last time there wasn't even the room to squeeze a bike in t park.

I think these type of places are ok to meet up with mates and have a drink. I dont talk to other people though.;)

Back
Top Bottom