firmware flash update of Zumo 590 unit to 595.

Just upgraded my 590 to a 595 and it was all very straightforward.

Major changes are:

The inclusion of Spotify as an app (I use that a lot on long tours for music so most welcome)
The ability to push GPX routes direct to the unit from your phone
Adventurous routing to pick curvy routes rather than motorways
Some additional alerts for tight bends etc..

Anything else I've missed?

I followed the instructions HERE if you're feeling brave...

How do you push GPX routes from your phone?
I have a 595 and haven't found a way, so would you post up a guide of how to do it please?

How do you push GPX routes from your phone?
I have a 595 and haven't found a way, so would you post up a guide of how to do it please?

You can do it from Myroute app using the foursquare app on your phone. MRA to foursquare then onto the 595. There is a tutorial on MRA website.
It may be possible from such as Kurviger or similar but, i have no information on that at present.

Well, having almost bought a new Zumo XT which i decided against due in some part to the present lockdown, i decided to give the flashing a go.

It worked :thumb2 An easy process with no dramas and done in minutes. I now have a 595 with all the features of that model. There is, tbh, a couple
of small dodges which can be got around one of which is the 595 keyboard which i sorted very quickly using the advice on the forum. The other dodge
is with Basecamp where it doesn't recognise the device but that can be ignored really as it does still work but if you want it sorted properly the answer
again, is on the forum. I'm not too bothered about it but will probably sort it eventually. The upgrade brings with it quite a lot of extra features over the
590 including easier route shaping on the device just by touching the screen where you want the route you have planned to go.

All in all then, a very worthwhile exercise :thumb2

Nice one Tony,

Whats next, custom Rom on the phone,

A Ras pII running some emulation software ;)

Nice one Tony,

Whats next, custom Rom on the phone,

A Ras pII running some emulation software ;)

I did that (rooted it) to a previous Android phone and it worked well.

Would love to have a play with a Rasberry Pi; they look an interesting bit of kit.

I used to spend a lot of my time (previous marriage) building electronic stuff (usually for amateur radio Projects)
and would do so again but, the current Mrs. Uturn would object loudly i reckon :eek: :D

The only thing I can’t get to work is to get the “595” to display in portrait format... the option doesn’t seem to be there.

You can do it from Myroute app using the foursquare app on your phone. MRA to foursquare then onto the 595. There is a tutorial on MRA website.
It may be possible from such as Kurviger or similar but, i have no information on that at present.

Update on that. Now i look into it i find that it only works with an iphone, not Android and, as i have an Android phone it's a bit disapointing. Oh. well :comfort

The only thing I can’t get to work is to get the “595” to display in portrait format... the option doesn’t seem to be there.

Yes, that seems to be a common thing on the forum. I'm not fussed about it tbh.

Back
Top Bottom