Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 1982 F2 Z650 Project

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Not far off Rolling Chasis

Well I have the steering stem and front forks fitted along with the swinging arm. put all new bearings in the wheels ready for new tyres this coming Friday. Going to order the rear shocks tomorrow along with a few other things and hopefully it will roll very soon
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Dream as if you'll live for ever. Live as if you'll die today

This is looking lovely! It has come a long way from the bike that left here! Would love to come and have a look when all finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_seed View Post
    This is looking lovely! It has come a long way from the bike that left here! Would love to come and have a look when all finished!
    Your more than welcome Dan. It will hopefully roll out of the garage tomorrow as I have been pottering and have the front wheel all sorted and hopefully the back on tomorrow. That's if I can get away from Moto GP

She is rolling

OK

I have had a productive weekend and now have a rolling chassis . I'm well on target to have this up and running by April 2018 which would be just over 1yr from taking delivery of a good base Z650 to work with

Quote Originally Posted by Ringmaster999 View Post
    OK

I have had a productive weekend and now have a rolling chassis . I'm well on target to have this up and running by April 2018 which would be just over 1yr from taking delivery of a good base Z650 to work with
    Wow. Really very nice indeed. Good work!

That looks so much better quality than Kawasaki ever built. Nice work.

Excellent, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

Near but yet so far

Had a little bit of a mixed weekend pottering on the Z650 project. Managed to fit a nice shinny new chain. Re-fit the clutch cable but then on refilling the braking system (Front only) with fluid I noticed the master cylinder piston was leaking which was a blow as its been overhauled with a new piston and seals. So not sure what's gone on there

Then I tried to put the original exhaust system back on. Feck it's difficult. You need about eight pairs on hands Each down pipe has two collets that push against the exhaust gasket in the block which get held by the downpipe collar clamp. To say it's difficult is an understatement

I've asked on the Zed forum for any tips so here's hoping someone will tell me an easy way of doing what I thought would be an easy task

In the past I have used clear silicone sealer (ie for bathrooms etc) to "tack" the collets in place - although not on this actual type of bike, so dont know if that applies.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ringmaster999 View Post
    OK

Outstanding...top job done there!!
    Bounce

OK just a quick update. Things are progressing nicely with electrics and the exhaust now on. Brake master cylinder sorted by replacing the "O" ring that unfortunately had been pinched on reassembly leading to the leak. So hopefully very shortly we will have a running bike and I will post up some pics of it all done and ready for it's MOT

Lusted after

In the 80's a few of us at work had bikes. Micky had the z650 it always looked good and sounded mean. It looked a proper bike against my Honda Cb250r.

That is easily the best z650 I've seen. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by steveC View Post
    In the 80's a few of us at work had bikes. Micky had the z650 it always looked good and sounded mean. It looked a proper bike against my Honda Cb250r.

That is easily the best z650 I've seen. Congratulations.
    Cheers steveC You wait for the finished photos. She's an absolute beauty

Destined to come last Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    That looks beautiful, the z650 is one of my favourite bikes ever and in the best colour too
    Brian

GSA Triple Black
    VW 'Triple Black' Campervan
    Zagato Guzzi 950 cafe
    Guzzi Le Mans 2, black and gold Coburn and Hughes
    Ducati 996R

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

Nearly

OK So we are nearly there. All done and back together but just a little fine tuning required. There is an intermittent fault which results in it running poorly that we have now narrowed down to a faulty pickup point or the ignitor (or at least that's what we think!!) So ordered a S Dyna ignition kit that will bypass this to hopefully sort the problem out. Here's a few photos but once she's running I will try and get some quality photos and a video of her running. She is a thing of beauty to look at in the flesh and she sounds awesome

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Fantastic....
    Why so serious ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast