HID lights

Had mine for 5 years so far, lights on all the time, used every day.

But of a resurrection... I've come to mine today and not working, switch on handlebar just clicks so looking around and following the loom and one ballast box is hot the other cold, I was just looking for obvious signs but nothing. Do these spotlights have fuses underneath sest?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I was looking at improving my main lights with HID but was told that you can't pass an MOT unless the HiD is fitted at the factory as part of the production. Is this correct?

My 1150 had HIDs and never had question at MOT time... That was over 4yrs.

The 1200 has an LED 'bulb' and again, no questions at MOT time either time...

I should point out I'm always sure to have the beam a tad below the eyeline for other vehicles as both are bloody bright if you get them head on!

But this weekend I'll be fighting an entirely new led headlight (doesn't really apply to the 1150 though). I'm gonna be interested to see what happens at MOT time next year...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2nd the failure at MOT but our mechanic/MOT tester said it's not an immediate fail there's some leeway....
HID may be bright, Chinese ones blinding but they dont help with actual luminance and having great visibility at night like some old cars that lit up the road so well but weren't blinding to oncomers

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I dont know if its MOT legal over there but. My 2000 R11Rt was in need of a better headlight bulb than the H4 in there now. Just changed to an LED H4. Pretty much easy install. Really great upgrade. Easy to follow instructions, bought on Amazon for $54 US. Also, if it ever blows, your old std H4 goes right back in. This is the one i got, best reviews of all the LEDs lights. OPT7. FLUXBEAM V2.

I dont know if its MOT legal over there but. My 2000 R11Rt was in need of a better headlight bulb than the H4 in there now. Just changed to an LED H4. Pretty much easy install. Really great upgrade. Easy to follow instructions, bought on Amazon for $54 US. Also, if it ever blows, your old std H4 goes right back in. This is the one i got, best reviews of all the LEDs lights. OPT7. FLUXBEAM V2.

Yes ,it was brought in I think last year within the UK that the housing must be manufactured to use HIDs so no upgrading of present filament housings.

Replaced HID with LED

I have just refitted my HID in the low beam and left the High as an LED. I found with the projector style low beam the LED did not give as good a light as the HID. The high beam is probably around the same light.

The HID kit is a good quality as are the LED lights. I got the LED's from Cyclops and I run the H7 version in my RT and they are great.

Ride product Review

There was a product review of headlight upgrades in the January 2019 edition of Ride magazine.

HTH

passed this year in May, nothing mentioned but then it’s the same guy I always use, might be giving me a a easy ride..

Mine too, no problem. They don't actually check what type of light it is, just that it hits the wall at the specified height and angle.

Back
Top Bottom