Bike Security - Pragmasis Chain

I've also since added another layer of security using Dog Piss. (Smartwater Forensic Coding).

It's similar to DataTag, but where DataTag is designed to code your vehicle.... Smartwater can be used to code your accessories bolted to it (which are just as likely to go missing).

Keeping the bike separate from the accessories can be useful when the bike changes hands (the accessories may stay with you or be sold seperately). So it's easier to keep track of who owns what on the DataTag Registered Keeper database.

Your Smartwater Coded kit can be registered and dealt with separately.

The stickers are optional, but are used as a layered deterant.

Attachments

• Security2.jpg
    Security2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 540
  • Security3.jpg
    Security3.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 541
  • Security4.jpg
    Security4.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 506
Might get away with it in a faraday cage. (Car)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A car isn't a Faraday cage and if it was, you wouldn't be able to use your phone or the app without opening the door. Maybe it would be a good idea if it was! Folk can't drive along a motorway without phoning, texting, using WhatsApp, etc, so you can be sure they're doing it on garage forecourts too. Personally, I'd far rather they did it on a forecourt than on the (insert name of motorway here)!

Just want to say thanks to all the contributors. I was led here after a search to obtain security advice for my GS. Great thread.

No worries, glad we could all help :thumb2

GS Theft Statistics

Not wanting to hijack this thread . . but

Does anyone have or know where data might be available on the the types of bikes most targeted by thieves?

I know scooters are at the top of the list and then probably sports bikes, but where do large adventure bikes sit?

I've just sold a K1300GT and tbh honest never worried about theft. I live in central London and never set the alarm or used a lock - I figured no-one wanted to steal such a monster.

Thinking of buying a 1250GS an tbh honest the thought of carting around heavy chains and disc locks etc is a major ball ache!

Doug

Not wanting to hijack this thread . . but

Does anyone have or know where data might be available on the the types of bikes most targeted by thieves?

I know scooters are at the top of the list and then probably sports bikes, but where do large adventure bikes sit?

I've just sold a K1300GT and tbh honest never worried about theft. I live in central London and never set the alarm or used a lock - I figured no-one wanted to steal such a monster.

Thinking of buying a 1250GS an tbh honest the thought of carting around heavy chains and disc locks etc is a major ball ache!

Doug

I give 1250 1 week no protection, very good bike for ebay pieces, buy old vespa for big city.

Back
Top Bottom