Roadlok issues

I reckon that the bike would stop abruptly!

What model of roadlok fits the 2017 LC GS? I stopped looking when I saw the GS image with the text 'doesn't fit' I've emailed them but no reply yet.

What model of roadlok fits the 2017 LC GS? I stopped looking when I saw the GS image with the text 'doesn't fit' I've emailed them but no reply yet.

XRA-307-05-BMW-R
Or
XRA-307- for European Sportsbikes (BMW)

Fitted like a dream. Given a number of spacers, just choose the correct one.

My bike is a 2014, but I don't think there is a fork or brake change.

What if a lazy rider were to forget, sit on bike so front wheel is off ground and rock bike forwards off centerstand.

This isn't my style but some of my GSA mates are interested in this also and they're looking for gotchas

Ask them to try it with the front brake jammed on!

XRA-307-05-BMW-R
Or
XRA-307- for European Sportsbikes (BMW)

Fitted like a dream. Given a number of spacers, just choose the correct one.

My bike is a 2014, but I don't think there is a fork or brake change.

Ordered today - thank you

I got an email back from Ian McCarthy the owner who said we can use UKGSER as a discount code to get 15% off at Checkout .

Thanks for the heads-up on the discount code. I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these. Ordered today and with the discount it came out at £152.22 incl shipping. There's import tax of course but that should only be about £25. Still cheaper than the eBay ad you saw.
Cheers :beerjug:

Thanks for the heads-up on the discount code. I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these. Ordered today and with the discount it came out at £152.22 incl shipping. There's import tax of course but that should only be about £25. Still cheaper than the eBay ad you saw.
Cheers :beerjug:

Nice one :)

Ordered my Roadlok 21 Sept 17, cost £149.47 after using the UKGSER discount code. Just had a letter through from Parcel Force 17 Oct 17 asking for £24.23.
Total cost £173.70, according to the web site I should have the Roadlok delivered this Wednesday :clap

I reckon that the bike would stop abruptly!

I used a long pin style lock on my 800GS whilst camping the other year, its about 9" long fitting through both front disks and locks with a large tumbler.I forgot it was on and when I dropped the bike off the main stand it came to a juddering halt as the pin hit the forks and the bike promptly fell over. :blast

Parcel force twats, it will be £5 tax and 20 quid fucking admin charge, robbing bastards

That's why more stuff is being opened, couriers make a fortune in admin costs, I wonder if they would release that information under FOI act?

Parcel force twats, it will be £5 tax and 20 quid fucking admin charge, robbing bastards

That's why more stuff is being opened, couriers make a fortune in admin costs, I wonder if they would release that information under FOI act?

Save a penny pay a pound later, never a truer phrase..........

I got an email back from Ian McCarthy the owner who said we can use UKGSER as a discount code to get 15% off at Checkout online.

After discount applied my PayPal charge was £ 149.63 with USD to GBP conversion, which includes shipping to UK. But we'll have import tax on top of that so it isn't exactly cheap, but I think worth it.

Incidentally, I also saw on UK Ebay a guy selling his brand new Roadlok for £200 on a buy it now. BUT, the bolt threads in his kit are not BMW Specific and when I checked with Ian McCarthy at Roadlok his email reply was as follows:-

"BMW bikes use coarse thread mounting bolts (1.5mm), whereas all other bikes use a finer thread (1.25mm). Attempting to use the wrong mounting hardware will strip out your fork, so please be sure the kit contains the right type. That being said, we used to sell kits that included all of the hardware, so it is possible if you are purchasing off ebay that it is one of these older kits that includes everything. We stopped doing this because there was so much waste, and customizing the hardware allowed us to pass cost savings on to our customers."

So I decided to not bother with it and buy it directly from him instead. Just a heads up.

Perhaps the discount could be placed as a sticky somewhere. I ordered direct last week but wasn't aware of the discount! Would have covered the import dues!

Just wanted to bring Roadlok users attention to this issue I had.

My Roadlok over winter was exposed to salt.

I went on holiday in February this year for 2 weeks in the sun, back home my Roadlok locking mechanism siezed.

The barrel mechanism was freed with WD40 temporarily, but the lock barrel had jammed so it wouldn't release the plastic round dust guard.

Luckily, I hadn't used the locking pin.... or it would have jammed in situ with no easy way to release it.

I contacted Ian at Roadlok who asked me to return the faulty jammed unit, and he sent me a brand new unit free of charge.

Excellent service.

BUT.... be wary of the barrel jamming with corrosion and don't leave the locking pin in for long periods of time.... would be my advice.

Mine was also seized in a few weeks ago. I’ll only use it when I park up away from the house in future .

Back
Top Bottom