Roadlok issues

OK, in simple terms, use your Jizz gun off the weaponised GS to squirt some of Andres' fluid into the little hole at the back! ;) :D

You leave my 'fluid' out of this :eek:

Anyway, I have the ultimate answer, 3 drops of superglue in the lock barrel will weather proof it perfectly :hippy

Andres

You leave my 'fluid' out of this :eek:

Anyway, I have the ultimate answer, 3 drops of superglue in the lock barrel will weather proof it perfectly :hippy

Andres

Drops or drips?

What brand of Superglue is best?

I’v had good results with Hold Tight and Brace Yourself, can be had in most good chemists, or hardware store......:augie

Does the moisture (and salt if you're a hardcore bikermate who rides all year round!) get into the lock from the outside in or from the inside out, or both? :nenau

By that I mean is water getting into the lock through the opening you put your key into, or is it finding its way through the pin opening next to the disc. Since the disc will be rotating at high speed it will presumably flinging a lot of crap into the inside of the roadlok, which then finds its way into the barrel.

I did like the simple solution put forward by Andy but I'm thinking it may not actually stop the problem altogether and so you'd still need to regularly apply some of the lovely lock lubricant Andres mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

I've put 3k on mine since December and no issues - I don't bother with the blocking plug it came with and don't use any lock lubricant.

I’v had good results with Hold Tight and Brace Yourself, can be had in most good chemists, or hardware store......:augie

Are those 24/7 stores for early morning emergencies...

Does the moisture (and salt if you're a hardcore bikermate who rides all year round!) get into the lock from the outside in or from the inside out, or both? :nenau

By that I mean is water getting into the lock through the opening you put your key into, or is it finding its way through the pin opening next to the disc. Since the disc will be rotating at high speed it will presumably flinging a lot of crap into the inside of the roadlok, which then finds its way into the barrel.

I did like the simple solution put forward by Andy but I'm thinking it may not actually stop the problem altogether and so you'd still need to regularly apply some of the lovely lock lubricant Andres mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

I’ll have a spare orange nipple bung thingy from eBay you can have :D

Jeezuz everybody, stop over complicating things... :D

Get on and pay your subs, you tight git! :pullface

I’ll have a spare orange nipple bung thingy from eBay you can have :D

You've bought an Action Man Butt Plug, haven't you Rich! ;) :D

I've put 3k on mine since December and no issues - I don't bother with the blocking plug it came with and don't use any lock lubricant.

Yep, had mine on the GS then transferred it to the XR and have done over 20k miles with no problems at all. All I've ever done is carefully squirt a bit of GT85 into the lock barrel and around the separate locking pin. I'll transfer it to the KTM, just need to get the right threaded bolts (they're over £50 at the dealers though :eek:)

This is how it turned out.

46626129155_4f416ef084_b.jpg

40575474003_b2980c209c_b.jpg

Are you going to make a batch up and offer them for sale? would be interested if you did.
Cheers
Harry

Are you going to make a batch up and offer them for sale? would be interested if you did.
Cheers
Harry

Hang on, hang on..... it's got to be tested first.

It could fly off within the first 100 yards for all we know :D ... and it needs to be water spray resistant.

Hang on, hang on..... it's got to be tested first.

It could fly off within the first 100 yards for all we know :D ... and it needs to be water spray resistant.

Reason I asked Knutk to share his STL file, so we can work together, and then sell the patent to Touracnuts for 10 million..............:jes:jes

Good luck with that one :D

Reason I asked Knutk to share his STL file, so we can work together, and then sell the patent to Touracnuts for 10 million..............:jes:jes

It would look better in stainless with a well known brand logo on the face :D

Oh yeah, that 'ill make you filthy rich :aidan

Anyway. As for stl files, I'm happy to share. I'm too bloody cheap to pay a premium, (got robbed from all my ideas :D), so no PM. Send me an e-mail to knut.kl (at)online.no (replace (at) with @ and remove any space.

Oh yeah, that 'ill make you filthy rich :aidan

Anyway. As for stl files, I'm happy to share. I'm too bloody cheap to pay a premium, (got robbed from all my ideas :D), so no PM. Send me an e-mail to knut.kl (at)online.no (replace (at) with @ and remove any space.

Email sent, lets see if we can make a million beer tokens...........:jes

Well Knut,s prototype printed in Flexi filament, fits nice and snug, and little knob on the top to poke a small hole in and feed a pice of fishing line through to attach it to the black bung, good work from Knutk.

Shirley this will get knocked off driving through the undergrowth of the car park at starbucks

Back
Top Bottom