Squealing brakes

Caesi

Reaction score
For some time now, I heard a squeaking/squealing (for lack of better words) noise, shortly before coming to a standstill.
I initially attributed it to worn down front brake pads, so I replaced them with new ones. Sound didn't go away.

Also kept applying brake cleaner to both front and rear discs, but that didn't seem to solve the issue either.

Switched off the ABS, to test the brakes separately, to see whether there could be a link: to no avail.

Could it be the forks?

It is a 2015 GSA LC

Assuming the callipers are properly aligned with the rotor and there is no fluid leak on either, I assume you are using sintered pads which are more prone to squeal. Here's a trick you can try, use a blowtorch over rotors and pads, don't overdo it, but likely your brakes will be quiet afterwards. If that doesn't work non-sintered pads will always be quieter.

ɐpunuʍop˙˙˙ɹǝƃpɐq lǝʌɐɹפ ǝɥʇ ʎq ʇuǝS

If under warranty, pay the dealer a visit. If it is not the brakes I would speak to the dealer anyway as there should not be any sqeaking, generally that means lack of lube and the start of wear on moving parts.

thanks for all the replies: some tips I will try out. Others I might give a miss ;-)

Worked:
some copper grease on the back of the pads and blowtorch over rotors and pad.

thanks guys

Excellent, glad you fixed it mate, enjoy the ride!

ɐpunuʍop˙˙˙ɹǝƃpɐq lǝʌɐɹפ ǝɥʇ ʎq ʇuǝS

Back
Top Bottom