Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: IAM training/"making progress"

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    I'd suggest the problem started shortly before the car speeded up
    My thoughts too...

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    With forward thinking, you don't have to put any feet down..... just keep rolling ever so gently!
    lol, don't care how, much forward thinking there is, eventually you have to stop at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    I'd suggest the problem started shortly before the car speeded up
    How so Tim?

If during the course of accelerating from follow position to overtake position the car in front speeds up and you need to roll off the throttle to return to follow position before you crossed the white line how is that a bad thing?

not watching the tele Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Are you not taught to chin the cnut at the next set of lights?
    You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time,
    but you cannot fool all the people all the time

Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post
    lol, don't care how, much forward thinking there is, eventually you have to stop at some point.
    When I run out of fuel...!

Quote Originally Posted by brut33 View Post
    Are you not taught to chin the cnut at the next set of lights?
    NOOOO, antagonise the twat by rolling in front at the lights, then when they turn green sit there, going nowhere, until the lights just turn orange then gun it away leaving him stranded for another cycle of les feus!

Quote Originally Posted by thebuyer View Post
    Thank you for the comments .. it’s just a new way of riding for me, and one which that takes time to adapt to... as I’m being told by my instructor that under no circumstances must you exceed the speed limit, dropping back would be my only option.

I’m also now busy practicing right foot down, bike in neutral when stationary for period of time. Feels a bit like learning to dance lol.
    It doesn't matter which foot you put down, provided the bike is stable. If your instructor is telling you different, he needs a refresh himself, this is another old chestnut.
    Dogs welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy777 View Post
    Drop to the appropriate gear and gun it, you will be past the car long before he reaches 60 mph. Use the advantage you have with the bike. Always making sure its safe to do it. Remember IPSGA
    Not forgetting that you don't want to be swooping ! Before putting the power on, you need to be out well to the right of the target car & put the power down when you're taking a straight line, not whilst still changing road position, especially in the wet.
    Dogs welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Posh Pete View Post
    For the final polish, have a look at Micky of this parish 's thoughts on advanced riding.

http://www.adventure.gs/Adventure.GS/Riding_Hints.html

Written years ago when he was still in full possession of his faculties! Seriously though, you'll not go far wrong putting his thoughts into practice! Good luck with the test.
    One of the best riders I have ridden with over 1000's of miles
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

WOW ... so many pages on this thread ... these always create a lot of chat and rightly so SO much depends on the instructor / examiner you are allocated when you rock up to these places. If you get a cock then its going to be a disaster. Some just do not take into account that students are not ex job don,t understand about making progress or seeing a bit of sparkle or wanting a bit of "polish" on your final ride ... all classic driving school phrases. It is IMHO all about communications .. understanding the student being patient and crikey .. leading by example. You don,t have to go bonkerooony to pass your test but of course thats what some instructors want and expect and you wont change them in a million years. Having said that there is no doubt a huge amount of good work going on out there and I would fully recommend anyone to at least "have a go"... and if it isn,t for you walk away and try somewhere else.

The real Slim Shakey! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckingham View Post
    It doesn't matter which foot you put down, provided the bike is stable. If your instructor is telling you different, he needs a refresh himself, this is another old chestnut.
    Spot on. It harps back to the days of drum brakes on bikes and is now utterly obsolete.
    Pas d’elle yeux Rhône que nous.

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Pete View Post
    For the final polish, have a look at Micky of this parish 's thoughts on advanced riding.

http://www.adventure.gs/Adventure.GS/Riding_Hints.html

Written years ago when he was still in full possession of his faculties! Seriously though, you'll not go far wrong putting his thoughts into practice! Good luck with the test.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Thanks guys

The older I get the faster I was!

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Just follow the trail of piss before it evaporates :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Just follow the trail of piss before it evaporates :-)
    He can't piss when it's cold
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

He can't piss when it's cold
    Tamsulosin is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyBMW View Post
    Spot on. It harps back to the days of drum brakes on bikes and is now utterly obsolete.
    But one of my bikes has a drum rear brake....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast