IAM training/"making progress"

If you opt for IAM, you will be expected to remain within the Speed Limits.
I'm told that RoSPA think a little differently but I've no First Hand Experience of the latter.

On my IAM i was told it was expected I would be at the speed limit when pulling in after the overtake. RoSPA was keep to the limits at all times.

On my IAM i was told it was expected I would be at the speed limit when pulling in after the overtake. RoSPA was keep to the limits at all times.

I have done the IAM and RoSPA motorcycle test twice now and both times if I did an overtake and strayed over the NSL, as long as I dropped back after the overtake it was acceptable. So think it depends on the examiners and which area you are in.

If you opt for IAM, you will be expected to remain within the Speed Limits.
I'm told that RoSPA think a little differently but I've no First Hand Experience of the latter.

Am just going to get a couple of days with a trainer up here in Scotland - no interest at the moment in doing the IAM/Rospa thing - just out to get some feedback / education to make me quicker/smoother/safer for my own benefit. I'll try to write up what I learn in a post at a later date.

Am just going to get a couple of days with a trainer up here in Scotland - no interest at the moment in doing the IAM/Rospa thing - just out to get some feedback / education to make me quicker/smoother/safer for my own benefit. I'll try to write up what I learn in a post at a later date.

Get a copy of Roadcraft https://www.bookdepository.com/Moto...V1pJf3ASjVdA5vFfbaecLvS90G39ARZgaArT3EALw_wcB
(other sources are available)
That way you'll spend more time working on practise / less on theory. :thumb2
No point paying a Trainer to talk at you at the side of the road when you can swot up on that on your own. ;)

~~~
Cut-Me-Own-Throat Og. :D

(quite possibly the most boring 'book' ever written in the world ever ..... )

:moped:

My dad had the 1960s version of it kicking around the house when i was a kid - dry dry reading.
Keith Code was a more insightful read a long time later - the vanishing point theory has been something that I've enjoyed applying in cars over the years.

Ordered an up to date version of roadcraft the other day, just in case I can't sleep

Get2Grips Roddy Benzies is your man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my day ...

i-LmKrKCs-L.jpg

i-cXVhqpP-L.jpg

i-TgxNKwF-L.jpg

:beerjug:

If you want a good book, both for tutors and students, I can thoroughly recommend 'Advanced Rider Trainer' co written by two of our ROSPA tutors here in Cyprus.
It's written for real life tutoring and riding, and deals with how to go about a structured series of rides, from the basics to advanced level.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Advanced-Rider-Trainer-Handbook-Training/dp/0957452330

And I'm not just saying this as my picture is in it:augie:augie:):)

Having ridden a motorbike around Cyprus and seen the standard of their driving, I won’t be rushing out to buy it ....

Having ridden a motorbike around Cyprus and seen the standard of their driving, I won’t be rushing out to buy it ....

Giles, I've always respected your comments on advanced riding, so I suggest you look at the qualifications of the authors before coming out with comments like that.

Giles, I've always respected your comments on advanced riding, so I suggest you look at the qualifications of the authors before coming out with comments like that.

Chill friend .... !! Its tongue in cheek!!

(although the driving wasn't .... scariest i think ive ever seen!!)

OK, will chill.:comfort

Driving here is a challenge, which is why we do training to ROSPA standards.

Mind you, I'm not too sure that now-a-days the UK standard is much better.

Driving here is a challenge, which is why we do training to ROSPA standards....

Yes ... you are up against it trying to alter generations of driving behaviour!

:thumb2

Having seen the inconsistent Advanced Riding Examiner standards in England, maybe both RoSPA and IAM should read it, then get their shit together :D

Driving here is a challenge, which is why we do training to ROSPA standards.

Mind you, I'm not too sure that now-a-days the UK standard is much better.

You're right, it is because we are full of foreigners.

:p

Back
Top Bottom