Cheap Chinese Rear mud sling £20

fujack

Reaction score
Was so pleased with the front I've ordered the rear made an offer and got it for £20
Item number 272563966801
8962df9ca8382c31d2c681bbb529b232.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just check it is not rubbing the swing arm on full up and down travel when you fit it. Easy enough to trim if it is.

Someone in China has probably simply copied the original Mudsling. It's likely the genuine article's made there anyway.

I was just about to post has anyone had any experience with the Chinese mudsling clones, so will be watching with interest.

I was just about to post has anyone had any experience with the Chinese mudsling clones, so will be watching with interest.
the front one i fitted was spot on defiantly worth purchasing i have posted pictures and a link search my posts

I just did and that is a total clone of the Athena front extender. They have also started churning out clone Rizoma kit now for the 9T and the likes.

There has been a thread on them not long ago. I bought one, managed to make it fit with quite a bit of buggering about, but it still rubs on the swing arm, it does do it's job of protecting the shock.
Although the copies are a lot cheaper they are shorter and not as well made. If you have plenty of time and no money, go chinese. If you have plenty of money and no time, Mudsling.
If i was doing it again I would go Mudsling as it has a good resale value.

You would loose more than £20 on the resale and I've just fitted a front one and it was spot on

You would loose more than £20 on the resale and I've just fitted a front one and it was spot on

Thats the great thing about advice, it is freely given and you don't have to take it.

Just my take

There has been a thread on them not long ago. I bought one, managed to make it fit with quite a bit of buggering about, but it still rubs on the swing arm, it does do it's job of protecting the shock.
Although the copies are a lot cheaper they are shorter and not as well made. If you have plenty of time and no money, go chinese. If you have plenty of money and no time, Mudsling.
If i was doing it again I would go Mudsling as it has a good resale value.

I got a Chinese version at £32 and the fit is not 100% perfect but good enough and increase the length of the original mud guard helping to protect the shock and are over £100 cheaper, wouldn't dream of spending £145 on a bit of injected plastic, but that's me, but like you said if you have the money and want to spend on the more expensive version that fine to

click on the thumbs for bigger picture I think :nenau

hope they help

I got a Chinese version at £32 and the fit is not 100% perfect but good enough and increase the length of the original mud guard helping to protect the shock and are over £100 cheaper, wouldn't dream of spending £145 on a bit of injected plastic, but that's me, but like you said if you have the money and want to spend on the more expensive version that fine to

But it is worth remembering that if MAM hadn't designed the Mudsling in the first place there would be no cheap Chinese knock-off ;)

But it is worth remembering that if MAM hadn't designed the Mudsling in the first place there would be no cheap Chinese knock-off ;)

Yep, but they've got their money back many times over and now it's time to have a cheaper alternative

And let's not forget that MAM got the Chinese to make them in the 1st place

Back
Top Bottom