V-Strom 1000 XT 2017

I too have just bought a 1000 vstrom, 2018 (yellow bumblebee) but newly registered :) you can pick them up for around £8300 and they come with £500 quid accessories atm too! Had a 650 before which was "fine" locally in Pembs even 2 up (i'm huge and the wife is normal size) and would happily cruise at speed limit speeds all day. We were going to tour on it until she tried getting on with the givi panniers in place, then we realised she couldn't reach the footpegs with them on (mounted too high and too forward)

So i test rode a 2015 and then thought for a couple of grand more the 2018 is a far better buy, warranty etc etc so took the plunge, i love it so far :) They offered the metal luggae with it BUT again it is mounted too high and too far forward so i settle for the plastic panniers and my large givi topbox. I'm also fitting heed crashbars with the heed bags for a little extra carrying capacity.

Bought mine in Thunderroad Bridgend and the deal was sweet and the service very good :)

I too just purchased a 2018 bumblebee and it came with full metal panniers and top box 112 litres capacity.
Took them off and sold on eBay,put some smaller better fitting GIVI stuff on. Loving it :thumby:

Had BMW's for 15 years, pissed off with the poor quality and unreliability, Bought a V-Strom 650 new in December 2016. put Givi luggage on it and changed the screen for a MRA. I ride 2 up most of the time, took it to the Dolomites last summer and Croatia the year before.
use it every week for general running around. 12.000. miles on the clock now. just put Avon Trail riders on it. it came with 3 years warranty. but nothing has gone wrong with it. I've adjusted the chain once.

Went around the Harz Mts this summer with my brother in law , his V Strom 1000 performed flawlessly, was getting mid 50's mpg and handled all of the roads and Autobahns with ease .

Back in the garage again , to have HEED engine bars, GIVI quick release pannier rails and CYMARC footrest lowering kit fitted plus the genuine Suzuki tank knee protectors and a lighter FUEL end can .

All fitted within a couple of hours and next week the seat (it came with the low one ) is going to SADDLECRAFT to have an extra 40mm of height added to the front riders section along with a gel pad to take the strain off his injured right knee

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 492
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 488
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 478
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 473
Hi, Steele 01,. I wonder if you would do me a favour & measure the hight of you side stand for me (centre of pivot bolt hole to floor 👍.
Reason I'm asking is I have recently brought used 2020 v Strom 1000 which has been lowered & might put it back to standard hight but not sure if the side stand is standard or a shortened one , the lean angle is a bit inconclusive !.

Thanks,
Ian

Back
Top Bottom