Talk me in or out of it another GS or a Multistrada?

Roadrash Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Due to my recent little mishap in Spain resulting in the right off of a lovely TB LC GS. I'm struggling to decide on what to replace it with, I have been fortunate to own 4 BMW R1200's in various guises over the last 8 years. Loved them all.

But having no part ex for the first time, and knowing that i used up all nine lives plus on that mountain top, this will probably be the last bike for me. So stick with what I know or try something a little bit different. I have looked around and the only two that still tick the boxed for me are the might GS TC or maybe the multi1200 or second hand 1200s?

Posting here as I know what a GS is and how they ride but still looking for feedback good and bad about the multi. Test riding the multis this weekend so I may be a bit premature posting this if I don't get on with them!

Thanks

Andy

Not that is means a thing but there's a group test in MCN this week between the Multi 1200,GSA 1200,KTM 1290R and Africa Twin.

The Ducati just snatches victory from the KTM,the BMW is third and the Honda brings up the rear.

Ultimately mate it comes down to budget and any deals happening at the time.....you know the history of the GS from your previous bikes, sometimes better the devil you know.

As always, test ride em, make your choice... but.... my mate has a 2016 faultistrada... sorry, multisrada. He can't wait to get rid.

Warped disc brakes after 1000 miles :eek:- a fight to get them replaced under warranty and a 9 week wait... four week wait for a service... only one technician at the dealership, tank replaced under recall, rerouted the cables and tubes leaving the panels adrift, over tightened the chain (according to the second dealer) and put too much oil in... all at the 600 mile service...

Further problems from 2 other mates with a new monster and a xdiavel. It seems Ducati are struggling to deliver the service in some instances:beerjug:

Just sayin...

I have nothing but good things to say about Ducati after sales service and warranty claims. Sounds like crap dealers to me.

Even had brilliant service in Luxembourg after an unscheduled stop at the dealer.

Italia Moto in Lincoln have been nothing but awesome.

RBW.

As always, test ride em, make your choice... but.... my mate has a 2016 faultistrada... sorry, multisrada. He can't wait to get rid.

Warped disc brakes after 1000 miles :eek:- a fight to get them replaced under warranty and a 9 week wait... four week wait for a service... only one technician at the dealership, tank replaced under recall, rerouted the cables and tubes leaving the panels adrift, over tightened the chain (according to the second dealer) and put too much oil in... all at the 600 mile service...

Further problems from 2 other mates with a new monster and a xdiavel. It seems Ducati are struggling to deliver the service in some instances:beerjug:

Just sayin...

I have nothing but good things to say about Ducati after sales service and warranty claims. Sounds like crap dealers to me.

Even had brilliant service in Luxembourg after an unscheduled stop at the dealer.

Italia Moto in Lincoln have been nothing but awesome.

RBW.

Fair comment... more the three dealers round here than Ducati :green gri

Have to say the two dealerships I've dealt with so far haven't been the most welcoming, and have heard the same story about waiting for service slots?

Have to say the two dealerships I've dealt with so far haven't been the most welcoming, and have heard the same story about waiting for service slots?

I think they are selling more bikes than they are used to at the moment and their workshops can't quite cope

I know that they were working late tonight to do mine and others to clear the backlog of first services

I loved riding my 1200 Multistrada but I'd strongly advise against anyone buying one as a 'keeper'. I got shot of mine as soon as the warranty expired because I didn't fancy having to pay out for any work myself and the total cost of warranty work in the second year of ownership was a couple of grand :eek

A bit odd that you wrote your bike off .... given that you've posted videos on here of "how to ride progressively "
Or am I mixing you up with another Yorkshireman ? (Apologies if so )

I loved riding my 1200 Multistrada but I'd strongly advise against anyone buying one as a 'keeper'. I got shot of mine as soon as the warranty expired because I didn't fancy having to pay out for any work myself and the total cost of warranty work in the second year of ownership was a couple of grand :eek

I kind of agree with this statement , though I have seen a couple of MTS with over 100,000 miles on.
Great bikes though , clocked over 30,000 miles on them over the last 4 years and enjoyed them a lot.
Would definitely recommend the S , accept you are potentially buying into quite expensive servicing etc........
Having experience of both dealerships , from my perspective Ducati Manchester offers much better service than Williams BMW Manchester.
I'm not saying Williams is no good , Ducati is just better.
P:S They swapped my disks immediately.

A bit odd that you wrote your bike off .... given that you've posted videos on here of "how to ride progressively "

Oh Hello Stuart hows things in the world of Pharmacy or is it air craft i forget

Any way as usual you are wrong

Well your a strange individual what every the fucking name your going under these days. I'v only put one vid on this site of mine and that way back in 13 about recoding sound from autocom to drift cameras. Spookily enough it was of my mate riding his old multistrada.

And your point any was fucktart!

So getting back to the thread

Thanks for the feed back gents, booked in for a test ride in the morning on a very nice 1200s with 150 miles on the clock. Will report back tomorrow evening.

Cheers Andy

Back
Top Bottom