Urban G/S Unit Garage Dakar kit...

It won't be cheap !!

Nice though.

bmw-paris-dakar-bike-8.jpg

That's what it should have looked like really. I wet my pants a little when I saw the lac rose concept and then was decidedly underwhelmed when the urban GS was revealed.

Slightly agree, but disagree with the TUrban bit.. I just luv mine, but in the future I may be persuaded to buy the kit.. I'm on a bit of a travel at the moment, in the Pyrenees tomorrow for a few days, then I'll know if it's a keeper

I like that a lot. as said, this is what the Urban G/S really should have been. A decent 30 Litre fuel tank and it doesn't look like it was made for Tyrion Lannister!:D It could still do with Jacking up a bit more mind you.

Now't wrong with the Urban GS except the name

I do more offroad on the Urban than I did with my HP2E

Decent sumpguard and handguards and a Touratech topbox and it does everything I need with TKC 80's on

I do like the bigger tank though.

FP.

Decent sumpguard and handguards and a Touratech topbox and it does everything I need with TKC 80's on

FP.

Agree, turban is nice but it's really just a scrambler with white paint and a red saddle and a less nice sounding exhaust. It fell miles short of what was promised by the Lac Rose concept bike. This is the bike BMW should have built, they probably will do something similar in a year or two. BMW should buy Unit Garage and put a bit of Italian flair into their design department!

Agree, turban is nice but it's really just a scrambler with white paint and a red saddle and a less nice sounding exhaust. It fell miles short of what was promised by the Lac Rose concept bike. This is the bike BMW should have built, they probably will do something similar in a year or two. BMW should buy Unit Garage and put a bit of Italian flair into their design department!

Sorry, i disagree with the exhaust note comment. My Turban sounds significantly better than any scrambler i've heard...

Exhaust note is pretty good as standard.......Loud and crisp, just about right for me.

How do,you get on off road with it? I was eyeing them up but have been reluctant due to the very small amount of suspension travel. Interested to hear of your experience I.e... any old excuse for me to buy one :aidan

FP.
Hi could you post a picture of top box and fitting please ? I could use one on my scrambler for work, it would make it even more useful . Thanks in advance

If you go onto facebook and check out the R Nine T Urban GS group you can see my top box mountings aswell as loads of other bike specific stuff

I'll try and post pictures here later

As for off-road it can do more than most GS's because it's smaller and more nimble. The suspension is quite firm but I can easily manage 45mph on our farm gravel roads aswell as crossing the odd river or two(see photo to the left)

FP.

Its probably just me but I think that this is the best adventure bike that BMW make at moment - much more real world than the current overblown Wurlitzer of a bike the LC GS is.......

Back
Top Bottom