new to me 748

Dorsal Fin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been after one for a while, wanted a nice honest early one that's not be messed about with, and I like the Ducati logo's on the sides better than the later ones with only 748 on the side.
It is in good company :thumb

Attachments

• Ducati 748.jpg
    Ducati 748.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 900
  • toys.jpg
    toys.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 921
That takes me back, very nice.

I had an early 748, one of the first in the UK, exactly the same colour scheme and Termis; my last sports bike before moving Harley and GS.

I have been looking out for a yellow 900 Superlight but they seem to be going up in price.

Completely agree, the early ducati logo is class, had 2, biposto and 748 sp, lovely piece of history, class from tamburini.

Pal of mine had a 749 , such a focussed bike and great to look at with its clothes (fairing) off.

Lurvely - much more fun than the 916 - engine spins up quickly and sounds a treat with the termi's. A keeper me thinks.

Of course as is customary on Ducati forums - pity you didn't get it in the faster colour in the Senna Grey (like my 748s).��

Had an 851 before this and the 748 is just such a more rewarding bike to ride - and even relatively comfortable in comparison as long as you keep moving. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I do - and joking aside in the red scheme you have just a stunning bike to look at even today. The 916 style was just so right.

I had a 748 that was exactly the same and after I'd sold it I constantly regretted it :blast

I'd buy another but it'd need to be a yellow SP and they don't come cheap :(

Bought from Lincolnshire? Looks a lot like my mate's old one. I was thinking about having that, nice bike and didn't miss a beat at TT this year... :beerjug:

It’s new to me now

Ex Dorsal Fin 748 delivered to our door
Jointly bought by me & my business partner, all our senior staff have motorcycle licences, so we’d rather have this than a coffee table in our reception area. It’s not just for looking at, it will be ridden.

Attachments

• F51A761E-F368-4706-96F0-0C3C684F9141.jpg
    F51A761E-F368-4706-96F0-0C3C684F9141.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 338
Ex Dorsal Fin 748 delivered to our door
Jointly bought by me & my business partner, all our senior staff have motorcycle licences, so we’d rather have this than a coffee table in our reception area. It’s not just for looking at, it will be ridden.

Different fairing and exhaust to the bike at the top of the thread.

Have they been changed or is it a different bike ??....I'm just nosey, it looks great.

Am I the only one who prefers the look of the standard exhausts over a pair of Termi's ??

Different fairing and exhaust to the bike at the top of the thread.

Have they been changed or is it a different bike ??....I'm just nosey, it looks great.

Am I the only one who prefers the look of the standard exhausts over a pair of Termi's ??

Looks like a different one, this one looks more original which is what we wanted.
Pete has so many bikes, I’m surprised he didn’t have two or three nearly identical ones for us to choose from.

I too had one, a 748 SPS back in 1998, best handling bike I ever had...kids came along and it eventually had to go, broke my heart and even more so what I sold it for...

Looks like a different one, this one looks more original which is what we wanted.
Pete has so many bikes, I’m surprised he didn’t have two or three nearly identical ones for us to choose from.

It is a different one, I'm now on the lookout for a 851/888 :augie

Back
Top Bottom